About Me

Saturday, February 1, 2020

Apple Cobbler and This and That

Mom is on a cortizone treatment and she is basically on a no-salt diet. I am trying to make meals taste edible without using any salt. I cut back on salt consumption significantly too.

We usually have tea in the afternoon. So, I decided to make an apple cobber with the three huge Granny Smith apples I had. Never made it before, so I found a recipe online and it turned out pretty good. I cut back on the sugar by half but, it still tasted fine. I do not like very sweet things.

My BFF says the Turkish Delight, Baklava and the rest of the variations of it are so sweeet and rich and how come I say I do not like sweet stuff? The answer is; I do not eat them. I may have a piece or two of Turkish Delight if I am offered but I never buy it. I am very picky about Baklava and there are just a couple of places that make it absolutely divine and I will have that may be once or twice a year. I buy boxes and boxes of Turkish Delight only when going to the US. Lol!

I need to attend a funeral tomorrow. I had a Physical Ed teacher at HS and her husband just passed. She was my sister's volleyball coach and they are still very close. Mom knows her well too. So, I will represent the family since Sis lives 500 Km away and mom cannot handle standing up so long. I need to go to the Mosque, pay my respects and offer our condolences and come back. I do not intend to go to the cemetery. Unlike Christian ceremonies, the whole thing happens outside the Mosque and is pretty fast.

After that, I will come and pick my mom to go grocery shopping. She has cabin fever and although, I despise going to the grocery store on a weekend, I have decided to do it for her.

As I type this, mom is watching a volleyball game. She is very much into it. My sister quit playing during College but, mom never quit watching. Our Women's National Volleyball Team is pretty succesful and will be participating in the Olympics this summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment