About Me

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Crazy Weather

These days, the weather is so weird. Last week, we had many sunny days and it was rather warm. The last three days, it is below freezing even in the middle of the day. Today, we woke up to snow and although it snowed for a while notheing more than two inches stayed on the ground.

Some days we wake up to a glorious sunny day and by noon time, the sky gets very dark and we get rain showers.

It doesn't get very dark before well after 6 p.m. so, that is a welcome sign for Spring. Sometimes March is the coldest month with lots of rain and snow. We shall see how this March is going to be.

Today, I finally donated the clothing items and sheets and what not. My trunk was full. It is nice to claim that space back.

I like to keep my trunk clean and nice so, I have a plastic cover in there. Knowing how sloppy my uncle can be, I had covered that before I went on my vacation.

After dropping the stuff, I took mom to get her prescription, exchange some yarn she had previously bought and to get some lunch. We then went grocery shopping and had tea at a small cafe at the Grocery Store. I think, she is over her cabin fever somewhat and exhausted a bit. Tomorrow, I will meet a very old friend and her daughter for lunch and make some time just for myself.

Tonight, we are having soft tacos and some veggies.

I have earth apples (also known as Jersulaem Artichokes or sunroots), cauliflower, Swiss Chard, celery roots and spinach to cook and serve this week.

2 comments:

  1. I didn't think you ever got snow there, very weird weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes we do. We actually have pretty nice ski areas. Eastern Turkey is mountainous and they get tons and tons of snow. Sometimes people get stuck in villages for weeks. A lot of people think, since we are next to Iran, Iraq and Syria, Turkey is mostly desert. In fact only 3% of the land can be considered that. Southern Turkey is like Florida but, not as warm in the winter.

      Delete