About Me

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Nice Day, Interesting Opportunity

Today, I met another BFF (yes, I have more than one, what can I say? I am lucky) and her younger daughter for lunch. The daughter is going to University in Germany and she is fluent in both English and German. Pretty smart kid.

We had a nice time chatting away and it was a very good day.

I called my friend who owns the consulting company and asked her if there is any opportunity in the near future. She said, things were not looking good and she did not think there would be business coming our way any time soon. Bummer! I am ready to work since spending my days doing nothing does not make any sense at my age. Also bringing some extra income would not hurt, would it?

Tonight, I decided to call another friend who was very sick last week. Thankfully, she is feeling better yet, still needing lots of rest. I have found out that she is very upset and overwhelmed over having to break her business partnership. She is buying the business from her partner. She had asked me in the past whether I would be interested in working with them and knowing that her partner was a difficult person, I had bowed out.

She sounded like she would be drowning under her workload to the point that she was going to reject  new work. I decided to offer her my help. I told her that, I would help her initially without expecting anything in return to decide whether this job will be suitable for me. If I decide that, it is something I would like to do and can do, we would then sit down to figure out how I will be paid. I also told her that, I would have to spend more time in Ankara but, she assured me most of the work can be done remotely.

She thanked me several times and said our phone call must have had some divine intervention. Lol!

So, we shall see how this will work out. I need work, I need flexibility and time for myself. If we can make this work, I will be happy.




8 comments: