About Me

Friday, December 11, 2020

Melatonin

First of all;

HAPPY HANNUKAH! 

May this season bring Peace and Joy!


Finally, I went out and bought melatonin yesterday. Took one at 9:30 p.m. and got in bed at 11 p.m. I did feel sleepy and went to sleep but, I woke up at least three times at night. I woke up at 7 a.m. and felt like I was not sleepy anymore so, I decided to start my day. I will try to keep busy during the day and not fall asleep on my armchair or sofa. 

I have been told that taking melatonin might reduce my body's melatonin production and that I could get dependent on melatonin pills so, I am going to be very careful taking it. All I need is my sleep cycle back. I cannot be living where I am and be sleeping and waking according to Eastern US time, can I?

So, as soon as I got up, I decided to wash my bed linens and change them. Then I had breakfast at 9 a.m. and as soon as I am finished with this post, I have things to do for work. 

I will also walk on my treadmill and run the small vacuum in the rooms to avoid dust buildup. There is always something to do in the kitchen too.

Yesterday I finally got back the money the gas company owed my mom and donated it to a charity for a children's hospital specializing on leukemia. It was not a small chunk of change so, I am glad I remembered to do it. 


4 comments:

  1. What a nice thing to do with the extra money of your mom's. I hope you can get back to a normal sleep schedule with some good sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to get back to a normal sleep routine. As for the money, I am sure mom would have liked to do that too. That children's cancer hospital was her preferred charity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lack of sleep is hell isn't it, but you're lucky you can buy melatonin over the counter. We can't!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it's not sold OTC in France? Didn't know that. It doesn't seem to be helping tremendously yet but at least I am able to get up at logical hours. Bet ween 8 and 9 instead of after midday.

      Delete