About Me

Monday, April 26, 2021

Change of Plans: Full Lockdown!

Since the cases have sky-rocketed lately, the Government finally caved in and announced a full lockdown starting the night of this coming Thursday till May 17th. The specifics of the situation is not clear yet but, it looks like we will not be allowed out of our homes during that time. Bummer!

So, if I will not be allowed to go to the beach, I am not going anywhere. I may as well go back home or stay put here in Ankara. My sister and brother are telling me and uncle to go to Izmir to stay with them but, why? They will be working all day and we will be bored to death. 

Uncle clearly declared that he is staying put. I am considering my alternatives but, I will most likely stay put over here.

Gosh! They should've done this a month ago and we would not be having this problem now. The Government realized that we were in really bad shape and no tourists will be allowed to visit from Europe. Now, they are freaking out considering the loss of revenue.

The Minister of Health says, they will be vaccinating the majority of the population over 40 by the end of June which I am not buying but, it still sounds promising for me to get my vaccine soon. Also, Russia and Turkey reached an agreement to produce the Sputnik V vaccine over here in Turkey. I am sure, that will help the availability of the vaccine as opposed to importing it.

I think I have enough yarn to play with and many books to read. Let's see if they will allow a few hours to walk outside to stretch our legs. I need to go and make a grocery list now.

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! Not fun but I hope you get your vaccine soon. I foresee madness at the grocery store, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ordered some of the stuff online to be delivered later in the day but, I will buy my meat, dairy products and some of my vegetables myself. Hoping to get up early and go.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, I did wonder how Turkey was doing (so now I guess I know). When you say "stay at home" how does that work for buying groceries and so on? We can still grocery shop but non-essential shops have been closed for 4 weeks. And people have been allowed to go to work, although working from home was obviously encouraged. It seems to me every country will be going lockdown/out of lockdown/back to lockdown for a long time yet (except for poor India which is suffering so terribly at the moment). Hopefully our lockdown will be lifted this weekend, but then we all know what happens 2 months later don't we. "Courage" as they say here - I can't even imagine how bad the tourist industry is going to be hit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can only go to stores for necessities on foot. Deliveries are allowed. I guess we will survive.

      Delete
  3. Hang in there Tpol, I am sure you are going to be allowed to walk for few hours. I got my second shot of Moderna vaccine over a month ago but still not feeling safe. I am still following restrictions but I did go to a restaurant ( outdoor only) with a vaccinated friend.
    In the U S, vaccinations are slowing down because at least 30% of the population refuse vaccines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they will allow walking but as of now, they do not look like they will.

      Delete
  4. Oh, yikes! Good idea to stay put if you can and gather your resources around you. We're easing our last lockdown slowly, although you'd never know it (!) as pubs, restaurants, etc., have all been full to bursting (even though it's outdoor only for them until 17 May). I do, however, anticipate another lockdown come autumn. It's inevitable really. Our vaccines have just been opened up for those over 40, so hopefully more will take advantage. Good luck and hope it's not TOO awful! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today is Day 2 and so far, I am able to keep busy. Many people seem to not care about the lockdown.

      Delete