About Me

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Life

Today I got up at 8:00 a.m. on my own without an alarm clock. Usually, I go back to sleep and get up at 11:00 a.m. but, this time I got up, had a piece of toast with a small slice of cheese and 4 strawberries. Then I went out, cleaned the interior of my car and drove to the nearby park where I walked for an entire hour.

It is a beautiful day and I was feeling so proud and happy. I finally sat down to rest a little bit and check my phone. Then I saw the message from a former colleague which said another colleague of ours passed away this morning. We had just sent birthday messages last week to her. She was only a couple of months older than I am. She had been battling with cancer for a long time but, she was so full of life that, it is hard to believe.

Once, when the cancer came back, she told the doctors that they could only give her pills because she wouldn't miss the chance to go to Mexico for three months. When she came back from her trip, her tests were much better and she lived at least 6 more years after that.

She was working, learning Greek, taking dancing lessons and constantly traveling. I am glad she did not get depressed and rather made the best of her remaining life. She will be missed but, her life was one to be celebrated. Rest in Peace dear friend...

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for the loss of your friend. It sounds like she enjoyed her life to the very end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes she did make the best of her life.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. She was right to "live each day as though it were your last" though. Maybe it was her cancer diagnosis that made her determined to enjoy life. Who knows, but I'm glad she did it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am glad she enjoyed her life too. We should all do it.

      Delete
  3. I am so sorry for your loss, but thrilled to hear how she handled her time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think we need to get up every day and ask ourselves how we can make teh best of it.

      Delete
  4. I'm sorry you lost your friend, she sounds like a remarkable woman. I think she would have loved how you spent your morning - taking advantage of a beautiful day. Sending a hug! xx

    ReplyDelete