About Me

Wednesday, April 28, 2021

What a day!

Knowing that it will be crazy at the grocery stores tomorrow, I decided to do my shopping today. It was like a zoo!

I ordered some things online but, I wanted to select vegetables and meat myself. So, around 11, I left home to go to a farmers market to buy my veggies and salad fixings. Here is what I bought:

Arugula, Iceberg Lettuce, Tomatoes, Bell Peppers, Cucumbers, Eggplants, Artichokes and fresh broad beans to cook together, Strawberry, Melon, Garlic, Collard Greens, Broccoli and lemons.

Then I went to get meat and some cheese, eggs and yogurt. Bought 4 steaks and about 4 pounds of ground beef.

When I got home, I started processing the ground meat. Made beef patties, stıffed peppers and tomatoes and cooked them. I froze 6 portions of patties to be cooked later. I cooked some of the patties in tomato sauce and made some sort of a soup with tiny meat balls. The rest will be flattened in a few ziplock bags and frozen.

Wanted to stuff some of the peppers with a rice stuffing but, the rice had gone bad. So, that will have to wait till tomorrow.

After I type this, I will cook the artichokes and fresh broad beans in olive oil. Some of the veggies will need to be cleaned and processed but, I am tired now. May be later at night, may be tomorrow.

I am going to meet my childhood friends tomorrow one more time before we are locked down. Open air, social distance, plus masks of course. 



6 comments:

  1. Your dish reminds me of my mom’s recipe. We cook the artichoke hearts, tender fava beans, in its entirety with garlic, a little cayenne pepper, olive oil, and we add a little fresh coriander leaves at the end. I love it ! I like to eat it with crusty bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not use garlic or coriander but, I use sauteed onions and fresh dill weed on top.

      Delete
  2. You were productive with all that food! I'm terrible about cooking ahead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just cannot bear anything going bad and thrown out. An 18 day lockdown is a big deal. I am allowed to go outside to the nearest grocery store on foot but, I just wanted to stuff the freezer for the earlier days.

      Delete
  3. You are being so wise to stock up before the lockdown. I hope the entire world can get the vaccine, and soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Today, the Russian vaccine is approved by the Ministry of Health. Soon we shaşş be receiving some and also, it wil be produced in Turkey. I am hoping that will help.

      Delete