About Me

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Vaccine!

My uncle is 62 so, he got his first shot on Tuesday. Due to her autoimmune disease, my sister is gonna be vaccinated too. Her husband is supposed to get the shot since they live together.

Up until last week Sinovac, the Chinese vaccine was the only option but, now Pfizer-BionTech is available at certain locations. Dependent on the hospitals' storage capability, people are being given options.

The Minister of Health has announced that obese people will also be administered the shot but, so far, the health portal says I am not yet eligible. When I go to Ankara, I will call the hotline to see if I can get myself in.

I will opt for the Chinese vaccine if I am given the option. If not, I will take whatever they will give me.

My aunt-in-law and my cousin who lives with her told me that they decided not to get vaccinated. Rolling my eyes at that decision. My aunt (my late uncle's wife) is over 70 and she has many ailments. They run a gift store which, in my opinion is a hot spot. My younger cousin has MS and her immune system is already compromised. I hope at least she decides to get the shot. Or may be her doctor will urge her to get it.

Oh well...

I never thought I would live through a global pandemic but, here we are. I am expectig alien invasion next but, I think the aliens would not bother unless they can feed on us. 


13 comments:

  1. Glad more folks are getting vaccinated.
    Maybe not aliens but zombies will invade since they like to eat our brains. Some people have brains I'd be afraid to eat however. lolz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And imagine when they crack open some skulls, there's no brain! Oh the frustration for zombies....

      Delete
  2. Hi Tpol, we miss you. I hope you get vaccinated soon and be able to get together with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Farah. I will keep on taking all the precautions even if I am vaccinated. They say tere are so many variants now.

      Delete
  3. If aliens can get here they are smart enough to just avoid us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Who would bother with such silly and backwards creatures?

      Delete
  4. I know the aliens are looking at Earth like "You know what, I will just research from afar!" hopefully you can get your vaccine soon, its sad to see some folks decide not to take it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just out of curiosity I ran my info through the French "check if you're eligible for the vaccine" website. Basically it started creaking and then keeled over laughing, more or less saying something like "see you next year then"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? The population of France is around 67 million as opposed to our 82 million. I would assume they would be quicker.

      Delete
    2. Nope they are woefully behind with vaccines. Not sure why, whether it's EU-cock-up related or what.

      Delete
  6. Good luck with getting your jab! I got mine on 27 March (got moved up a smidge because of underlying health issues). We don't have a choice: general pop gets the AstraZeneca, and I believe the Pfizer is reserved for essential services and frontline workers (greater efficacy). My next jab is 12 June. I felt fine - extremely tired the next day and my arm was tender for several days afterward but otherwise no issues. Fingers crossed you can get one in Ankara! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you were able to get your shot. I now it is not 100% prevention but, if it helps us out of the hospitals and being entubated, that's fine.

      Delete