About Me

Tuesday, April 6, 2021

In Ankara

I made it safely home in Ankara. I drove all the way under rain which I truly dislike but, I did it anyway. It was not too bad really. I made a couple of turkey sandwiches and took a can of coke and did not stop on the road. I love to listen to audiobooks or to old BBC Crime radio shows while I am driving. The one I listened to yesterday would be politically very incorrect today. A 14 year old boy seduced by an adult woman, a policeman telling the same 14 year old that he was gay and that they should not socialize "for the time being". Social norms have surely changed over time.

There is this mountain pass on the road from Istanbul to Ankara which is usually snowy but, I found that most of the snow is gone except for some patches under the trees facing North.

Today, I went out and sent a card to my sister whose Birthday is on the 8th. It was one of those cards which tell you about the highlights of the particular year you were born. I remember picking it up at a small shop in Mystic, CT in 2019. Well, last year was a chaos so, I did not even remember those cards. I will make sure to remember to give my BIL his card this coming September.

I have also scheduled flowers to be delivered to my baby sister. While I was ordering the flowers I saw that they were offering to put a picture on the vase so, I found a cute picture of us when she was possibly 9 months old. I am sure she will get a kick out of it. 

Then I went shopping and now I am well stocked here in this apartment except for salad greens. There is a farmers market on Friday so, I will get them then.

Tomorrow, I will be meeting with my babyhood friends at a park. We all have folding chairs and we shall get together, maintaining our social distance. It is supposed to be a very warm day. I will also make sure to walk a little while in the open air.

I like this apartment. It is almost twice the size of my own. 

I think, I will now go and look at some yarn at a nearby hobby shop because I left all of the crochet stuff back at home. Off I go! Stay safe and be well everyone.


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you made it safe. I too dislike driving in the rain (and I used to live where it rained a lot LOL). That's a cute idea to have a picture on the vase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it ok. There's nothing worse than a long drive in rain and/or snow. Now at least you can relax and enjoy your time in Ankara!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you arrived safe and sound, enjoy your stay and keep safe!

    ReplyDelete