About Me

Sunday, January 2, 2022

2022

The first day of the New Year is here. 

When I was very young, I used to think that by year 2000, I would be 33 and how exciting it was. Well, I no longer find it exciting to think that I am getting older. 55 in June... Buh humbug!

I cooked up a storm on Thursday and Friday and we had our New Year dinner on Friday after SIS and BIL came home from work. 

I tried a recipe of a chocolate cake with a pastry creme filling that my BIL's mom used to make for the New Year's. SIS gave me the recipe. I had to modify it a bit but, it came out pretty good. My BIL hugged me and shed some tears. Poor guy... 

We all ate way too much and went to bed way too late and got up by noon today.

We stayed home and just hung around. I watched another episode of Spooks with my BFF in the US. We are so thankful for technology. Hopefully, tomorrow we will go out and do something fun together.

This coming week is a rather busy one. Uncle and I are going back to Istanbul next Sunday. We will have our booster shots while we are still together and then, uncle will leave for Ankara for some time before returning back to Antalya. He misses his home and his bike. 

Hope, everyone enjoyed the holidays and now, it is time to fall back in our routines. 



12 comments:

  1. Happy New Years! Hope 2022 is a fabulous year for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A fabuluous year for all of us! I am sending you good vibes that carry less chores, more fun and relaxation.

      Delete
  2. Happy new year to you and yours, T'Pol! Wishing you all the best for the coming year - here's to success, happiness and some fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you! I hope, this year will be a prosperous and healthy one.

      Delete
  3. I'm looking forward to getting back to somewhat of a routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes technology has been great to keep in touch the last two years, so easy and no cost. I remember years ago trying to make international phone calls and it was so expensive. Good that you've had the booster shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. International calls were and still are a nightmare but, thankfully, we do not need them anymore:)

      Delete
  5. Happy new year to you - and good on you for making your BIL so happy by making his mom's recipe. Any chance you'd like to share that recipe so I can show off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely post the recipe in a few days. It is not that hard when you cheat like I did. Lol!

      Delete
  6. Happy New Year! Glad you were able to spend it with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete