About Me

Thursday, January 13, 2022

3rd time is the charm! Or is it?

I got my 3rd jab yesterday. A lot of people said they had bad reactions to the third shot so, I was a bit stressed. However, so far I have not experienced any adverse effects.

The government approved the Turkish vaccine over here but, since I have zero confidence in them, if that vaccine becomes the only available option in the future, I will never have it. 

Omicron is spreading here like crazy just like the rest of the world. I am doing my best to stay away from everyone but, Uncle is getting together with his friends and keeps postponing his return. Although he is no burden on me, I miss my solitude. Also, I am a bit scared that he might get the virus during his outings.

I hate this pandemic! 

Still busy with work so, I gotta go. Hope, everyone is having a good time.

12 comments:

  1. I had 0 reactions with all 3 doses. I wish I had a Moderna, it seems the most effective. I hope your uncle cuts down on his socializing, and you can have your solitude back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Moderna seems like the best option but it is not available in my neck of the woods.

      Delete
  2. Glad you aren't having any side effects and this isn't the best time to be socializing a lot

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no reaction to the booster (a slight reaction to first, moderate to the second & absolutely nothing with the third, other than a sore arm at the site.) Omicron is wild here as well. Stay safe & healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Omicron seems to be more infectious.

      Delete
  4. Its a good time to stay in at the moment, glad you are OK after the booster.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you're not having a reaction to the booster (I know so many people who are refusing it here). And my friend sent me a message yesterday saying that they are again using Astrazenica in France and as it is non-MRNA would I get that. I told her that having so recently had covid it would be madness. Like you I will try relying on natural immunity and pray another variant doesn't invade us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you had a mild case of Covid. You do not need a vaccine at least for 6 months. Weren't mRNA vaccines supposed to teach one's immune system how to defeat the virus? I always though one would be enough but they came up with the second and now the third. I got them all but I am not sure if I want any more.

      Delete
  6. Even as a nurse, I don't have a lot of faith in any of these jabs. Stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete