About Me

Sunday, January 30, 2022

Not a First World Problem I Bet and Some Chores

I have been taking three different pills to control my blood pressure. The other day I asked the Pharmacy and they told me one of them cannot be found and that there is a supply shortage. WTH?  Does this happen in Europe, USA or Canada or any other Developed Country?

These pills are keeping my BP under control and I do not want to switch to another medicine.

Today, I decided to call Pharmacies that are on duty. The third Pharmacy told me they had a lot of that particular medicine so, I jumped in the car and went there. I bought 10 boxes which will last me 200 days. I paid out of pocket because, this particular med was never put on my medical record and therefore Social Security does not pay for it. I would have fixed the issue but then COVID hit and I have always been buying this one out of pocket. When I go to Ankara end of March, I will go see this doctor and ask him to put this on my medical record. It's about time, I stop paying the full amount. Normally, I should be paying just 10 or 20 %, I am not sure.

I know these types of pills are not sold OTC in the US. Luckily, here they are.  I am glad I fixed the issue for the time being and I am sure by the time I need more, the shortage will be over.

As the Queen of Procrastination, I had been ignoring some house chores.I finally told myself "Enough is enough woman!" so, as some of my blogosphere friends suggested, I decided to get as much as I can get done in an hour. I actually passed the hour mark by 20 minutes and the apartment is not looking as bad as it was. However, I think, I need another hour and a half go at this before starting to deep clean each room. 

I promised myself that, by the end of the week,  I will have cleaned the apartment thoroughly. One can hope, right?

I did two loads of laundry and hung them. Fixed myself a chicken salad sandwich for lunch. After I type this, I need to go marinade my swordfish.

Then I will work till dinner time. 

I do not know if you are familiar with an old show called Whitechapel? Since I have a big crush on Rupert Penry-Jones, I decided to try that show. The first season was about a Jack the Ripper copycat. RPJ is the only adorable man in the show so, it is pure joy.

My BFF and I keep watching the MI-5 (or Spooks) online and RPJ will leave this show in the next season. I first saw him on the BBC miniseries Persuasion as Captain Wentworth. Total eyecandy. 

I know,  I know, I am almost 55 and I should not act like a crazy teenage fan of some actor. I adore him but, I do not think I will scream if I see him in person though...



6 comments:

  1. As I was reading I was wondering how you could buy 10 boxes, since here prescriptions are only 30 days, some 90. Nice that you can get them OTC and smart to stock up. Are they something you can order online there since they are hard to find now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In here, it is 90 days too. Unless the medical record is changed, I can get 3 month supply of all my pills. However, this particular one never was put on the medical record. Even if it were, I would not be able to get them due to the shortage.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get the medication you need. I think when people think about "shortages" they think about food shortages, without realizing that medicines might be in short supply too! And good on you for getting that housework done - setting a timer for an hour certainly works for me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am also setting shorter periods too. Like 15 minutes to fold and put away the laundry while waiting for the tea to brew and stuff like that. The next time I am in the bathroom, I will seize the opportunity to scrub the sink, etc.

      Delete
  3. Smart of you to get the big supply of meds!
    I have a thing I do to keep myself motivated. I can't go into a room without improving 10 things. It works but sometimes I won't go into a room I don't really need to just so I won't have to do 10 things in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am inspired by this too. I did that in the kitchen today. Now, it looks pretty tidy.

      Delete