About Me

Sunday, January 16, 2022

Should I Pull the Trigger or not?

My apartment is in desperate need of a deep cleaning. I was planning to get a new cleaning lady recommended by my old one but, with Omicron spreading so much faster and easier than the former variants, I am very hesitant.

Can I tackle this huge task? I can. However it will be painful, extremely tiring and there is no way I can do this in a day. Who knows how long it has been since my windows were washed, and when everything was pulled and cleaned underneath (beds, washer, dishwasher, refrigerator)? 

There are nooks and crannies which require kneeling down which is something I am no longer able to do. My oven definitely needs to be cleaned thoroughly. 

What if I do one room a day? Sounds logical but, my mood changes daily so, may be not a great idea.

Before I call anyone in, I need to de-clutter many areas. 

Uncle is leaving on Tuesday so may be I should just start with the guest room. I actually do need to take everything in the closets out, wash inside the closets and purge as needed.

I don't know. I hate housework. If my old cleaning lady was available, I would call her and just spend the day out while she did her thing but, with a new person, I feel I need to be home at least on her first day to show how I would like things done.

Today I ran my small vacuum around the apartment. I need to simplify things. I must put away some picture frames, knick-knacks and some other stuff. Why I am attached to so much stuff, I have no idea.

Hope everyone is enjoying a relaxed Sunday and wishing all a very good week ahead of us.

13 comments:

  1. I also hate housework. My way of dealing with it is to set a timer - maybe 20 or 30 minutes - and do what I can in that time and then stop. The next day the same thing. Also I reward myself after that - for me time to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am leaning towards doing it myself. I should try your method. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. With Omicron, I would not risk it. I would say just do some areas, one at a time - then wait until things pass and do the deep clean later on (but that is just me) Hope you have a good week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a good week too. I think, I will do it myself.

      Delete
  3. You can do it! Just start on one room/area and you'll probably find you just keep going to the next room, as you get motivated. I have found that keeping things clean and decluttered has really motivated me to keep it that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. I am thinking, I should do it myself too.

      Delete
  4. What works for me is to set my timer for an hour and then just work for that long (I am quite able to let the mess sit until the next day so that doesn't bother me). You wouldn't believe what you can get through in an hour (and it doesn't have to be every day). Moreover, the graveyard is full of women whose "floors were so clean you could eat off them"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try doing it on my own. I will live with whatever I can do.

      Delete
  5. I would not have anyone new come in right now. But I don’t know what your rate of Covid is there. Here in Minnesota it’s a no. My dear grandson spent his 15th birthday today sick and diagnosed positive. Two other grandkids and son in-law last week. (They we’re no where near each other’s space). I’d do a room at a time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So sorry for your grandsons and SIL! I hope everyone bounces back quickly. I will do whatever I can. Cases are high over here too.

      Delete
  6. I would not have anyone new come in right now. But I don’t know what your rate of Covid is there. Here in Minnesota it’s a no. My dear grandson spent his 15th birthday today sick and diagnosed positive. Two other grandkids and son in-law last week. (They we’re no where near each other’s space). I’d do a room at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate housework too! I have this rule that I have to do 10 things in each room I am in. Some rooms need more than 10 things done and some don't, so fluffing the throw pillows in the den might count as one thing. But I try to do 10. Of course if I am feeling really lazy I just won't go into a room !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne for the 10 things. That is another good tactic. Lol on not going into a room. That is also good advice.

      Delete