About Me

Sunday, January 23, 2022

Sunday Activities

I decided to cook today. I cooked fresh fava beans, stuffed grape leaves and made soup. I will never be buying pre-packaged grape leaves again. There were a mixture of big ones and tiny ones and some of them were soft and nice, the others not so much. I ended up stuffing the small ones with a meat, onion, rice mixture and the larger ones with rice, onion, currants and pine nuts. 

Need parsley and dill weed but it has been snowing on and off and there is snow on the ground. There is a medium sized grocery store very close by but, I am not sure if I will go out to just get them tomorrow.

I also emptied my hamper and did all the laundry. 

Yesterday, I washed the living room windows and now I can sit back and enjoy the snow coming down without noticing the dirt. I did a pretty decent job.

I had started knitting myself a sleeveless house sweater but, I decided I needed smaller sized knitting needles. I had brought all of mom's needles so, it was easy to find the size I needed. I am not a great knitter but, having inherited tons of yarns from mom, I feel compelled to do something with them. I found a simple pattern and I am knitting the sweater with that.

Lately, I have not been weighing myself because of having eaten way too much while I was with my SIS, BIL and uncle but today, I decided that enough is enough. Yes, sadly, I have gained close to three pounds but, that is much better than I suspected. I need to go back to exercising. The treadmill is calling my name.

Other than the above, my BFF, her husband and I watched another episode of Spooks. It is an old show but, we enjoy it.

It is now bedtime and I gotta go and call it a day. Looking forward to a productive week filled with healthy activities. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds very productive! I have never heard of the show Spooks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Told ya, you don't need a cleaning lady! Good for you! But if you want to practice window cleaning I know a place in France that could do with a good scrub!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! For room and board? Let me think about it.

      Delete