About Me

Monday, January 17, 2022

No Cleaning Lady for the Foreseeable Future

I gave this a lot of thought and based upon my dear blogosphere friends' advice, I have decided hiring someone is not a wise choice given the Omicron spread.

I will do as much as I am able to do and that should be sufficient.

A friend of mine just lost her mom. She was old but not sick. She had just recently started feeling off and it took couple of weeks for everything to go downhill, 5 days at the ICU and she passed peacefully. 

Another friend's mom is in the ICU, entubated due to a severe bacterial pneumonia and her picture is just like mom's. I hope, she will survive.

These hardships bring back the bad memories of mom's 77 day ICU ordeal and her death. 

I am trying to keep busy and thankfully my BFF who lives in the US and I call each other every day and watch Spooks (or MI-5 in some countries). She has seen most of it but she wanted to watch with me so, we are doing it. Today, we shall begin season 5. We also talk about how we feel and support each other. She is having some trouble at home with her bi-polar daughter. Her plate is quite full but her husband is a lot older than she is so, he is not much help. He is rather a concern due to many health issues. I am glad we have met 32 years ago and have kept being close friends despite the distance and time difference.

Uncle is leaving tomorrow. I am baking some cookies for us to have with tea today. I am planning to give him most of the remaining cookies to take home. I know he will object to it but, I will tell him, if he takes most of it, I will not end up eating all. He has been helping me lose weight so,  I guess he will take them. 

He enjoyed Istanbul very much and both his friends and I keep telling him, he should come back in better weather in the Spring. I will probably go down to Antalya late April. He should come back mid-April and we can drive down together. 

Tonight, I am making him hot wings for dinner. He liked them just like he liked my pasta a la vodka. He is a good cook so, he is hard to please. He made a lot of stuff while here because, I had been busy.

Gotta go and take the second batch of cookies out of the oven.

Hope, everyone is having a good day.



14 comments:

  1. Delicious all around, pasta, cookies and wings! I think your decision to not have a cleaner come in makes the most sense. Better to have a little mess at home, and stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been able to keep safe so far and I just do not want to jeopardize my health at this point.

      Delete
  2. I do hope your friend's mom makes it. These are worrying times, aren't they. As for your friend with the bipolar daughter, I REALLY feel for her. My ex was diagnosed bipolar and it was HELL. Then I got to talking to a colleague whose wife AND daughter were both bipolar and I think my hell was nothing compared to his. I hope her daughter can find the right medication that will help ease her own and her family's suffering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have spent a couple of months with them and it is really Hell. If she could stay away from alcohol, her meds are keeping her OK but, socializing comes with alcohol and her friends drink strong liquor. My heart goes out to both of them.

      Delete
  3. I understand not wanting to hire someone right now. The best thing about cleaning is that is can be divided into necessary and lesser tasks. Only do what is important right now!
    I am sorry about your friends Mom's. This has been a hard couple of years for everyone.
    Enjoy the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! I will divide and conquer the house cleaning!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a wise decision regarding a new cleaning service. I too can't comfortably get down on my knees to do things anymore but am finding work arounds. Sitting on a low stool. Using long handled tools whether designed that way or "jury-rigged". I dislike house cleaning immensely but a dirty home even more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. I have to figure out ways to tackle the difficult spots.

      Delete
  5. sounds like a smart decision while Omicron is around, hopefully it won't last too much longer. I find flylady routines work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I looked up flylady online and wow! That's a cute web site. Thanks for sharing Jan.

      Delete
  6. Wise decision not to have a cleaning lady for now. My neighbor got covid from her cleaning lady ( she also works in a restaurant). She refused to wear a mask My neighbor is 83 old and never leave the house except for some food shopping. Luckily, she was boosted and got a very mild case. Stay safe and healthy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Farah. I am glad your neighbor had it mildly. However, I can't imagine an 83 year old doing the cleaning herself. Poor woman.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a smart choice. We are hoping to get back to getting someone in every other week soon, when Omicron settles down - whenever that will be. She would wear a mask, and we would not be at home during the cleaning. We are all vaccinated & kids are getting boosted this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good choice to wait until Omicron settles down. I hope no other variant pops up. I want someone every other week too.

      Delete