About Me

Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Fresh Paint

Two painters came yesterday right on time and started to repair the areas that needed patching up. They worked from 9:00 a.m. till 5 p.m. I left them plenty of paper cups, a water heater, instant coffee, tea bags and soft drinks. I also send them lunch every day. 

Yesterday every part of my body was aching but, I did a pretty decent job, putting away everything. The painters appreciated that. They could immediately start covering things with plastic sheets and taping them. 

When I took down the frames on the walls, I realized that it was really the time for painting. I also took down the curtains and stuffed them in big garbage bags. Once the initial cleaning is done, I will wash them and hang them. So, I asked for two days of cleaning from the contractor. The first day will be just for general cleaning and washing the windows, the second will be detailed as I put everything back where they belong. 

I just spoke to the two painters and they said they will be able to finish latest by Thursday. I wasn't expecting that because the contractor had told me it would take till next week. I hope, they are doing a good job and not cutting corners to get to a new job.  On the other hand, the contractor might have given me a longer estimate just because he knows me well. He had re-done my bathroom and my kitchen. Anyway, if something is not right, he will fix it for me. It will just be another headache though. Come on T'pol! Think positive!

I think I will have a few days to relax, enjoy my freshly painted and cleaned home before I pack my bags for my trip to the US on the 29th. Nice!

Meanwhile, saving money and frugality are not on my agenda this month. I am spending quite a bit of money for extra gas, parking, food etc.  I will go back to my frugal self come September. 

Hope everyone is enjoying nice summer days. 



4 comments:

  1. I hope it does indeed wrap up by Thursday for you. Household expenses/repairs cannot be avoided, and you live there so it's best to keep it as comfortable for you as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to see it today and they are almost finished. They did a very nice job.

      Delete
  2. How exciting. Can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete