About Me

Friday, June 24, 2022

Such a fun night!

I met with some former colleagues last night at a very nice restaurant. There were 8 of us and we reminisced about the good old days we had back between 2000 and 2006. It was my favorite job and I had learnt tons of stuff and had the privilege of working with really intelligent and kind people. Sure we had our differences from time to time but, overall it was a great experience for all, that shaped our careers and put us on our paths.

One of the ladies had to leave early since she needed to catch a plane for a business trip. There were two more guys to join us but, one was sick and the other could not make it. I had dinner with him and another colleague from the same company last week.

We told stories from former projects and laughed a lot. I was sometimes in conflict with one of the guys because we had different perspectives but, now we are good friends because as we talked about our unique views, we now understand each other better.

It rained really hard at one point but, we had a roof over our heads with the sides all open so, I was comfortable. If the dinner had been held indoors, I wouldn't go.

Today, I am determined to finish laundry, hang the guest room curtains, make it ready for when my friend comes to visit, sort out my meds to see if I need more, 

On Monday I need to do a little shopping for gifts. 

I will try to take as little as possible with me. I need summer tops and pants anyway.

I am using up all that I have in my fridge and freezer and there is good progress. 

Gotta go and take care of today's chores. Wishing everyone a very nice weekend and great weather.

4 comments:

  1. I saw my bestie last night too. Good company is food for the soul! Enjoy your shopping and good luck with the continued prep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you JiCaLu. I am glad you had a great time too. I think we should enjoy being out and about during the good weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tpol, please make sure to text me your phone number when you get to the states. Is meeting in Manhattan good for you? Have a good safe trip and can’t wait to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping your trip is going well! xx

    ReplyDelete