About Me

Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Lists and lists and lists

I have 8 days to go on vacation and I started making my lists today. There are home related lists, packing lists, document lists, gift lists...

I am glad that Covid testing has been lifted off both by the US and the German Government. I am flying on Lufthansa with a stopover in Frankfurt. The idea of getting a Covid test within 24 hours of my flight was sort of nerve-racking. I will be wearing an N95 mask through my journey anyway and I am sort of self-quaranteening myself  till my journey. I will meet with former colleagues for dinner but, we shall be outside. (Am I sure? I better send a text to the friend who is organizing it to see if it is outdoors or not).

Luckily, the washing machine is fixed. It was such an easy fix that I am embarassed for not having tried it. I had seen some YouTube videos with taking the back cover off and taking pieces apart. I was afraid to do those but the guy who came opened a very easy place and pulled the clogging stuff. 2 minutes! Now the washer is running empty as per his recommendation before I start doing laundry. My bedroom curtains and clothing items are on top of the list. I need to sort the laundry which I had piled up in my guest room so, I can prioritize the wash.

I pulled a small package of navy beans I had frozen. Tonight, there will be rice and beans. I think, there will be some leftovers for a Mexican style wrap tomorrow. I am trying to use up what's on hand rather than buying groceries. I do not want to throw away anything so, I will be extremely cautious if I need to buy anything.

At the moment my home looks very neat and tidy. I do not think I will be putting the accesories back in place. Let them stay in their boxes. 

I am so glad I pulled the trigger and had my home painted. Here are the before and after pictures of the repairs:














8 comments:

  1. Glad your repairs are done, and you can have a nice tidy place to leave, and return to! I only use the n95 now as well, even though there are no masking restrictions left really. Better to be safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! I don't think the pandemic ended yet. It is not as bad as it used to be but still...

      Delete
  2. Nice refresh on the walls. I have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you are excited to be leaving for your vacation and even equally exited your home will be ready for your return. We are knocking home projects off the list and it feels so much better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Home projects seem daunting at firfst but, they are so worth it. Good luck with your projects!

      Delete
  4. The painters did a good job, didn't they! And lucky you, off on a long vacation soon (I'm a list-maker too so I know how it goes)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they did indeed. Definitely a positive experience.

      Delete