About Me

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Home Sweet Home

I am back in Istanbul.

Yesterday morning I went to the cemetery and told mom and dad that they left us too early and that I was heartbroken and angry. I don't know if they hear me or not but, I told them anyway. I can't believe it's been two years since mom's passing.

Then I dropped my cousin's bags and had coffee with her and her mother.

I met an old co-worker who is also a good friend in the afternoon and we spent some time together. 

My childhood friend with whom I had a long vacation last year took me out to dinner for my birthday and by the time I got home it was 10:30 p.m. and my suitcases were still unpacked. 

I could not get up early today so, I hit the road after 2:30 p.m. Lots of thundershowers and wind on the way and as I was halfway through, I realized that I forgot my phone charger in Ankara. Dumb!

The tunnel was closed due to road repairs so, I had to deal with more and slower traffic. As soon as I arrived in Istanbul, I ran to the nearest mall to get a new charger. I also did my grocery shopping. Walked in my apartment at 9:30 p.m. Phewww!

I am so tired but, also glad to be home. I have a busy half week ahead of me. Then, the painting will start. 


11 comments:

  1. Thoughts sent on your birthday! I will not say Happy Birthday because I know it brings sorrow with it. But remember you are worth celebrating also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it back home safely, if not tired. Sleep in tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back home! That does sound tiring. Take a good rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome home! I know your birthday is a tough day now but I am glad you have sweet people in your life to shower you in love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There really is no place like home is there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. no matter how good travel is, it always feels good to get home!

    ReplyDelete