About Me

Monday, June 20, 2022

Home!

Everything went well with regards to the contractors but my washing machine decided to clog up. It was my fault really. I washed mom's old prayer rug to donate but it fell apart during the wash cycle.  Hopefully, tomorrow my machine will be fixed. It is an 11 year old Samsung. 

I have tons of laundry including all my curtains. 

I have been gradually putting things in place since Saturday. There is still a slight odor because of the door frames. The paint they use on those could not be water based. Therefore, it is stinky. I placed baking soda and vinegar in plates in all the rooms but, so far, they are not working as much as I thought they would.

Today, I took dad's cousin F to a small town where she used to have a small farm which she had to sell because of her stepson. She needed to run an errand. Then, we visited two vineyards. I bought 4 bottles, she got 30 bottles. That part of the family can drink. I dropped her off at her apartment and came home. Tonight is the first night I will be staying at home since the paint started. I am going to cover my windows with paper tonight. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be able to wash the curtains and hang them up.

It has been quiet busy lately and I have only 9 days left to go on my vacation. Usually, I would be excited in anticipation of that but, I am so tired. 

On Thursday, I will be having dinner with a bunch of former colleagues. After that, I will not be socializing. I will be packing and resting till my flight.

Lately we have been having thunder showers and hail storms. Since I will be gone for over 45 days, I want to park my car in a closed garage. F has an agreement with a hotel near her apartment and she negotiated on my behalf with the parking garage manager. They gave me a good price and I shall be leaving my car there and take a cab to the airport.

Gotta go and cover my windows.

Hope you are having a great week!


7 comments:

  1. I'll bet you are tired. That is a great plan to park your car in the garage while you are gone. I can't imagine buying 30 bottles of wine LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 30 bottles of wine would probably last me 5 years. Lol!

      Delete
  2. You are wise to leave your car in covered parking!
    I hate the way oil based paint smells. It gives me a headache, but dang, does it ever do a great and long lasting paint job.
    Fingers crossed your washing machine is fixed quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It got fixed in 2 minutes. It is something I could definitely do myself . Well, now that I have learned, next time I will do it.

      Delete
  3. Get a good rest before your trip. I will leave my information in a comment for you to contact me when you get to Here.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noted your phone number and deleted the comment. When I get to the US, I will be using a prepaid phone number from Mint Mobile because roaming charges are outrageous. The SIM card will be delivered to my BFF's home. I will call you once I get my US SIM.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete