About Me

Thursday, June 16, 2022

Light at the end of the tunnel!

Yesterday, I went to check the work and it looked awesome. The paint was lighter than I expected but, it looks really good. They suggested to apply a coat of varnish on the doors which I accepted. It will all be done by today afternoon. I will go and air the apartment on Friday.

The cleaning lady I wanted to hire for the job was only available on Saturday but, she suggested to bring another person with her. Although my home will be ready on Saturday, I will go back on Monday night. Dad's cousin F has some errands to run and I will help her with them.

Last night we went to the Opera, Falstaff by Verdi. It was OK, but I'm not a fan of the opera except for some well known ones like Carmen, Aida, Il Travotore, La Traviata and etc. I'm more a classial concert person. However, I was glad to see the renewed opera house. Modern, clean building with lots of space for coffee shops, libraries, and exhibits. 

F is getting her second cataracts procedure as I type this.  Tomorrow night we shall go and stay at her late mom's apartment. She will meet up with friends during the weekend and so will I.  I will also supervise the cleaning.

This year the weather is really strange. We are getting lots of thunderstorms, hailstorms and it gets cool within a matter of minutes. Some days are extremely windy, some days it is too hot and too humid. I think, every 5 years or so, this happens.

Wishing everyone smooth sailing.


6 comments:

  1. Glad that everything is coming together. You will get home Monday to a clean and freshly painted home :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the painting is going along well! Fingers crossed you get it wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear it is all coming along great and on schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound happy and I'm sure it will be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks so clean and tidy. I don't think I will put some accessories back at all.

      Delete