About Me

Friday, July 14, 2023

Don't want to cook!

It is so hot today. Did not go out.

I also don't want to cook. I have been eating salads and wraps lately but, I'm running out of ingredients so, I will have to go shopping tomorrow. I like to buy fresh produce from the farmer's market since everything lasts a lot longer compared to the grocery store. After that, I still need to hit a grocery store for yogurt and some spices.

I haven't been buying any meat products and trying to use up whatever I have in the freezer. My goal was to finish all the chicken and fish before next Sunday but, I do not think I will be able to. That's OK.

Just soaked some chick peas for tomorrow's salad. I like beans in my salads. They add texture and make salads more filling. One of my favorite combinations is iceberg lettuce, arugula, goat cheese, chick peas and apples but, I always use whatever I have on hand.

I arranged the linen and towel drawers in the guest room because they were practically overflowing. I am not getting rid of the excess because, it would be a waste. I will just keep them elsewhere. There are some ideas of the minimalists and guru de-clutterers I do not agree with; one of them is getting rid of perfectly usable items. 

Wishing everyone a nice and comfortably cool weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Stick with the hot weather foods or grill outside. That's what I do.
    You have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great weekend! It has not been too hot here in Toronto, but it is my step dad's birthday tomorrow (Sunday) so there is a LOT of cooking over here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those sound like good hot weather foods. I agree with you on storing things you already have if you have the room and they are in good condition. We have less storage room in our new home so I am really considering if “future me” will actually use items or if I should pass it on to someone who can use it now.

    ReplyDelete