About Me

Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Guests came and went

I had a good time with my buddies during the last two days. It was a nice visit.

Today, I started laundry after they left. Other than putting the guest bed back together (it's a trundle bed) and doing laundry, I did not do much else. The cool days are over and the weather is hot now. I have been ignoring my walks lately due to the heat but, mornings are quiet manageable still. So, I am hoping to go walking tomorrow morning.

I have leftovers for tomorrow so, no cooking for me. However, I may want to tackle some clothing items and part with them. 

Nowadays, whenever I come across something that I do not need or use, I get rid of it immediately. It can be a small item, or a large one. Tackling bigger de-cluttering projects is all good but, if I find something that is not needed, why not get rid of it at once? The other day, I was initially happy to find two hair clips but, as soon as I tried putting them on, I realized that they are very uncomfortable and actually hurt my scalp. Tossed them right away. 

My friend has many hobbies and one of them is jewelry making. I gave her some items I no longer wear. She can use the beads and the hardware and etc. She will also fix a broken silver necklace I like a lot. I got rid of things that I do not use but, I know that they went to someone who will use them. 

Hope, everyone is having a good week. Take care!

6 comments:

  1. I love having company, but hate getting ready for guests (says something about my housekeeping skills) and hate the laundry once they leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so much alike then. I also hate packing and unpacking followed by laundry after travel.

      Delete
  2. Once I decide something has to go I usually want it gone immediately (so I won't change my mind I guess). I'll have to follow your lead because this place is getting me down it's so cluttered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think out of sight, out of mind applies here too. It is too hot today to do serious organizing. I attacked an easier area. Towels and linens.

      Delete
  3. I have to bring my laundry to the basement from the second floor. Not convenient at all specially as we age. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I guess living on a single level house would be ideal for people over 50. Since I live in an apartment, I have that luxury. I don't understand why they make duplex units in apartment buildings. I wouldn't buy one especially now that I am getting closer to 60.

      Delete