About Me

Sunday, July 9, 2023

Home is Guest Ready

It has already been an exhausting weekend. Tidied up my home, vacuumed the floors, made the guest bed, cleaned my kitchen, bought groceries and stockpiled a bit. 

The Government of course upped the Value Added Tax on everything to try to get out of the stupid economic crisis they drove us into. Paper products and personal hygiene products will get more expensive. So, I added more TP, paper towels, tissues, toothbrushes, shampoo and body wash, toothpaste and dental floss to my stash. It is hard to find storage spaces for stockpiling in an apartment. Therefore, I de-cluttered a bit and found a sensible home for everything. This effort made me clean and organize my vanity drawers in the bathroom. I will attack the upper cabinets and mirror cabinet next week. 

Today, I emptied the dishwasher, mopped the floors, cleaned the bathrooms and took a shower. Then I found an easy crackle cookie recipe and made the dough which is resting in the fridge as of now. I think, I will save some of the dough in the freezer for later use. 

I am expecting my friends to show up for dinner but, if they come early, the cookies will be ready for tea time.

I have recently been hooked to Frugal Fit Mom and A to Zen Life Channels on YouTube. Christine and Marissa are totally different characters but, I like them both.  If you are looking for shopping tricks, easy and inexpensive meals, budget slashing ideas, Frugal Fit Mom is a good source. If you are curious about de-cluttering, attempting minimalism (your way) and watching something that gives you peace, Marissa is one of the best.

Do you have any favorite YouTube Channels to recommend?

8 comments:

  1. All my Youtube channels are reality tv and dr pimple popper like stuff. I hope you have a great time with your friends for dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like FBI, True Crime, Snapped etc. as well as the life style stuff but, a lot of people think they are too depressing.

      Delete
  2. I've seen a few Frugal Fit Mom videos and like her too. My favourites on Youtube are, however, GB News and According to Taz, but they're not lifestyle videos. And now you've made me feel bad - I seriously have to get off my backside and start cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cleaning lady can't come for a while because of her toddler. Her mom usually takes care of the baby but, she is visiting family for a couple of months. That is why I needed to clean. It is very rare for me to get off my backside too so, don't feel bad. Lol!

      Delete
  3. I like frugal queen in France, French vibes( in English), and some other French vlogs. At the end you get tired as it’s all the same. Have a good time with your friends. The buyer for my house pull out 2 weeks before the closing. Big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that. Are there any potential buyers ready to make an offer?

      Delete
  4. Not at the moment. My real estate agent is in Greece on vacation. She said she is going to do another open house but I am not ready for that now. I want to spend a quiet Summer, take care of my health. I postponed so many tests already. I will put it back in the Fall or the Spring but I am planning to Europe and North Africa in September to visit my family. On Monday, a friend who is barely 64 clasped on her first day of retirement. Yersterday, we went to her funeral in NY in one of the soufis mosque, then to the cemetery in upstate NY. I am still in chock. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete