About Me

Thursday, July 6, 2023

Fridge Cleaning Day

I decided to clean my fridge today. I always wait for a time when the fridge is near empty which is usually before or after a vacation but, right before a vacation, cleaning the fridge is the last thing on my mind. When I come back to an empty fridge, I want to go and buy food so, apparently the best time is now. 

I am satisfied with the work I have done. Although, I have been very good about buying and consuming what is necessary lately, I ended up tossing two lemons and one tomato which had successfully hidden from me. I also realized that, I forgot that I had an extra container of yogurt and bought another one so, I am going to use them before they go bad.

On Sunday a good friend of mine and her husband are coming to stay for a couple of nights so, I must dust, run the vacuum cleaner, make their bed and clean up the bathroom before they arrive. They are both former co-workers of mine. 

I will make dinner as well. May be Chicken Francese with pasta and salad? Easy and tasty. I have tons of lemons to use up. I may have enough chicken but, I will have to check out my freezer. I always marinade my chicken in portion sizes. Lately, I have used a soy based marinade and that doesn't go well for Chicken Francese. 

I am thinking of making a marble cake to go with coffee or tea as well. I am not much of a baker but, the recipe I have is pretty easy. Or, I may end up ditching that idea and buy some ice cream instead. Using the oven these days doesn't sound so appealing.

I have been having some trouble with my new computer or rather the MS Office. I have an Excel Sheet for my budget, important info, trip planning and Net Worth calculations that I have been using forever. For some stupid reason the new Excel keeps saying there are circular references and messing my calculations. I think, I have finally corrected everything but, I don't get why this happened. I do not feel good when I cannot find the reason for something. Is my fix a band aid for an important problem or was it just a glitch? I need to know.

Decided to get ready for my trip in Scotland. I am making notes for transportation to and from the airport, public transportation, food to eat, places to see and etc. I think, the first two days, I will do the Hop-on, Hop-off Bus Tour to get an understanding of the city and see the major attractions. I am prepared to walk a lot but, I do not like uphill walking. I need to find out where and when to walk or to use public transportation. 

I am going to park my car at the airport when I leave. There is a 7-day membership which is a good deal in closed parking. It will be like 7 days+1 day. I wish I were able too book a flight from the smaller and closer airport in Istanbul but, that wasn't meant to be.

I cannot believe we are almost half way through the summer. It has been rainy and cool such a long time that, I really did not feel like it was already summer. Crazy.

9 comments:

  1. Make sure and an Irn Bru*a soft drink, and Haggis, Neeps and Tatties*which is a pile of Mashed Potatoes, Rutabaga(or Swedes as they call them)and Haggis on the bottom. Wearing a kilt is optional. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sluggy. I have noted them. Can't imagine my big butt in a kilt so, I'll pass that one. Lol!

      Delete
  2. I'm always interested in how people "organize" themselves. You have your excel sheets and I pretty much use the back of an envelope, but whatever works right? I tend to clean one shelf of my fridge at a time - while waiting for the water to boil, but it wouldn't do for us all to be the same would it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being somewhat nerdy and a total control freak, I love Excel. Lol!

      Delete
  3. Well, thanks for reminding me I need to clean my fridge, haha You'd think I would use a spreadsheet for my budgeting, being and accountant and all, but I just use a steno notebook. I'd lose an envelope ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you must be getting tired of spreadsheets since, you deal with them all the time. Whatever works, right?

      Delete
  4. I find that typos that were not previously "observed" by spreadsheets sometimes become an issue when they update their formulas. Often it's not a typo in my "math", so to speak, but in a note that I've added to myself. For example, if I wrote a note like, "Travel costs =$1450", and the spreadsheet adds a formula that builds upon having the equals sign followed by a number, that would flag as an error. Hopefully it's just something like that. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. Thank you for the tip. I have notes on several items actually.

      Delete
  5. Hi Tpol. Hills are not easy for me as well. Enjoy your trip. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete