About Me

Monday, September 2, 2019

WoooHoooo! Debt is gone!

I am happy, happy, happy, even, over the moon! Since November 2016, I had been paying a debt that belonged to a family member because he did not have the means to take care of it and not paying it would cause loss of a family home and some other complications. Since, I was earning very well at the time, I had taken over this debt.

Today, I made the last payment! THE. LAST. PAYMENT.

I have only one remaining debt now, a mortgage on an apartment that I purchased from the same family member so that he could generate some cash and to keep the apartment in the family. We all use it. It is a 3 bedroom apartment close to many beaches in the city of Antalya.

There are 64 more mortgage payments but, it is a lot lower than the one that has been paid. About 1/3 of the other so, it isn't all that important.

Pheeewww!

12 comments:

  1. That's great news. I'm sure that feels so good to have paid! What a great person you are to do that for the family member. I hope they really appreciate all you have done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much but, I am not a great person. I can be considered quiet selfish at times. This was something I signed up for because, I had the means to do it and would keep mom getting very upset over it.

      Delete
  2. Yippee! So happy for you! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahoo! Congratulations - what a great accomplishment. You took this on despite your own 'selfishness', and that speaks volumes of who you are. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great! One more step to becoming 100% debt free :)

    ReplyDelete