About Me

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

This and That

Today I went to get my driver's licence renewed. It is a silly process. I went to get a health certificate first. The doctor did not even take my pulse. She signed off on what I have put down on paper. She sent me to an eye doctor upstairs and the eye doctor gave me a basic exam and confirmed my current prescription.

Then I went to the Government Office where they issue and renew IDs, passports, DLs. I had to wait for about an hour because I went in earlier than my appointment. Then they canceled my current DL, gave me a temporary one and told me that they would be mailing my new license. It is good for 10 years so, I do not have to do this again anytime soon.

Old licenses did not have expiration dates. New ones are valid only for 10 years. I used to have a US license from NY State. I think it was good for only 5 years? I am not sure.

Then I went to get my glasses adjusted. While I was at the mall, I picked up a tube of toothpaste.

I came back to have tea with mom.

Tomorrow mom and I will go grocery shopping. I think, on Friday, I will go to the Grand Bazaar for gifts.

While I was out a former colleague from many years ago called me and we decided to have coffee next week. He is a nice guy and I thought he had moved to Canada with his family. Seems like he has one foot on this continent and travels from time to time.

After that one of my employees from my last job called. He is over the moon that he is about to be offered a job by a multinational company. He had it with the new manager he reports to. He is a great guy and deserves the best. I hope, he gets the job. There may be a few stumbling blocks but, I have a positive feeling about this.

I have finalized my rental car arrangements. It is the most expensive part of this vacation and I am not even renting a car for the whole time. Just 41 days out of 78.  The killer is the DW and the ALI I must purchase. Since I am not a US citizen with a car coverage that would take care of a rental car, I must purchase the expensive insurance. However, I am now convinced that I got the rock-bottom prices on my rental car.

2 comments:

  1. Well, at least all the paperwork you need is sorted out. I bet you're really looking forward to your trip now that all the details are coming together. My current UK DL doesn't expire until 2037 (I got it in 1986), and if I remember correctly, Canadian ones need renewal every five years.

    Great news for your colleague! I hope it all works out how he wants.

    Have a wonderful trip! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish my license would be good for so long.

      Delete