About Me

Friday, September 6, 2019

Tomatoes!

There are a few more weeks while we can get the best tomatoes at the best possible prices. Today, I went to a farmers market and despite my mom's protests, I bought about 20 pounds of tomatoes. I processed them and scooped them into ziploc type bags. She likes them in the winter for cooking yet she did bot want me to do it for her.

I did not listen and I am glad. She now has lots of good quality tomato sauce nicely freezing. Now she is happy. I guess she thought I was too tired and just did not want me to bother.

I am done with errands. I would like to relax during the weekend and go back to Istanbul on Monday.

47 days to go till my big vacation! getting impatient and excited.

6 comments:

  1. I need to go to a local You Pick farm and get tomatoes to can. I probably will not though because of Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in my thoughts. It must be very hard.

      Delete

  2. That tomato sauce will be so good. Time goes so fast and before you know it, you'll be off on your trip. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She likes tomato soup very much. Those toatoes will be very handy in the winter.

      Delete
  3. Turkey spoiled me for tomatoes. After eating all that beautiful Turkish food I stopped buying the plastic crap you get locally. Sad isn't it, but good for you for freezing everything. Next year I SWEAR my garden will be FULL of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This time of the year the tomatoes are really good. You are lucky to have a garden. I would love one.

      Delete