About Me

Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Gotta find a new cardiologist

Bummer!

My mom and I used to go to the same cardiologist in Ankara every 6 months. Today, I found a message on my cell phone that she has left the hospital and now she has her own practice. Our insurance does not accept individual practices and also, a single doctor cannot issue a certain type of report for meds we take on a regular basis. It has to be a board of doctors which you can only find at a hospital. One of mom's meds require a report every 6 months. The rest is every two years.

We liked our doctor and have been seeing her for the last 10 years or so. After I come back from my big vacation, I will look for a cardiologist in Istanbul possibly at the hospital mom had her appendectomy. I intend to ask around to my doctor friends also, before I decide on a new hospital and new doctor.

We came to Ankara today and I ran one errand to get it out of the way. Tomorrow I am meeting some alumni of my HS. I know most of them only through Facebook. It will be nice to meet face to face.




4 comments:

  1. Ick, I hate finding new doctors, dentists, vets and hairdressers. It's such a personal thing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the new doctor. Mom's neurologist died suddenly and the closest appointment we could get as a new patient was November 4. Not good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to change doctors when you've been seeing them for years. I hope you find a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a bummer about the cardiologist. Darn insurances! Maybe she can refer you to someone within the hospital.

    ReplyDelete