About Me

Sunday, September 1, 2019

This and That

I have fallen off the weight loss and exercise wagon in the summer but, I am back on track now. Despite that, I still lost 4 pounds but, it could have been a lot better.

I have to admit that every time I am on the treadmill, I want to give it up during the first 15 minutes. Past that mark, I motivate myself by looking at the screen and setting mini goals like "I am going to up the incline once I hit 1 mile" or "I am going to keep on at 4.2 miles till I hit 35 minutes". I am making a game of this and walking between 35 and 55 minutes every day.

Now that it is cooling down a little, I would like to walk outside too. I need to purchase gifts for my upcoming vacation so, there is some motivation there as well.

We are going to Ankara on Tuesday, coming back on Monday. I have several errands to run so, it is going to be a busy week.

Today, the cleaning lady could not come and since we shall be away for a week, I do not mind it. When we come back, I can dust and vacuum.


8 comments:

  1. You did well to lose 4 pounds. It's always hard for me to use a treadmill too so I finally sold mine. I walk outside whenever the weather allows, or otherwise inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the 4 pounds. I need to get back on the treadmill. When I used to go on there all the time before I got tendonitis I used to take one of our tablets and watch netflix while I was walking, it helps to pass the time so I am not watching the clock :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried watching Netflix too but I find it difficult to maintain my balance. When I had tendonitis, the therapist showed me how to stretch and that made a big difference. I use an elastic band.

      Delete
  3. I am impressed. Since things have gone south with Mom and her cognition Keto and I have gone separate ways. I will guarantee I have not lost anything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found Keto very difficult but, a friend of mine lost a ton of weight. He loves it.

      Delete