About Me

Monday, August 16, 2021

Bit the Bullet

I have been ignoring my health check-ups for the last two years. You know, my big trip to the US, coming back home, mom's sickness and her passing, plus COVID-19. 

Last month, I have been contacted by the Istanbul Branch of the hospital I used to go to in Ankara ( I still go to my eye doctor there). They offered me a check-up plan. I asked them to send the specifics and I liked the coverage and the price but, it was just a week after my second vaccine so, I decided to postpone it a while.

Today, I finally decided to bite the bullet or pull the trigger if you will, and contacted the Check-up Division to make an appointment for Wednesday. As I get older, I dread the results of these health checks. I hope, they will give me a clean bill of health. 

The only test I would like to have and that they are not giving is Vitamin D. I asked if I could order it as  an addition to their list and pay for it out-of-pocket and they said yes.

So, by the end of the week, I will know where I stand medically. I know, think positive, right?


4 comments:

  1. I usually only have a couple of dr. appointments per year (gynae and dentist - better remember which way round to sit in which chair right!!!!) but I do tend to procrastinate - and then get mad at myself and make any and all appointments in about 10 minutes flat. Still, it's better to get it done isn't it - and I'm sure you'll be fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate the pelvic exam. Last time, they could not do a proper job because it hurts so much. I may end up having cold feet and decline that. We'll see.

      Delete
  2. I have to have a ton of blood work & tests done as part of an ongoing autoimmune disease, and it freaks me out every time. Mostly because something is inevitably off, every time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that. My SIS has an autoimmone disease and every test she has freaks everybody in our family out too. I sincerely hope, both of you will do just fine with everything under control.

      Delete