About Me

Sunday, August 15, 2021

Pumpkin Spice Latte Alternative

I was extremely enthusiastic about Pumpkin Spice Latte when I first heard of it years ago. However, one sip killed that. I do not like sugary hot drinks. I usually drink coffee black, sometimes with just a little hot milk. I have my tea without any lemon, sugar or milk. Also, a latte is too much milk, not enough coffee for me.

As I have been trying to adopt healthier habits, I am becoming a bit more creative.

Nowadays, I am trying the Intermittent Fasting because, it does sound logical to me. When I was younger and when I did not have any weight problems, I never had breakfast. I almost always started my day at lunch time and be done with eating by dinner time. Back then, I was not a fan of desserts either. So, going back to a similar life style made sense to me.

I am eating between 12 noon and 8 p.m. now. I eat two meals a day and I do not snack most of the time. However, I need coffee in the morning. As I am typing this I am sipping my pumpkin spice black coffee. I have mixed ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and ginger and I am adding a half teaspoonful of this mixture to my coffee. My coffee smells amazing bringing me the memories of beautiful New England falls I have experienced and it is healthy. Today there is a nice cool breeze which is another reminder of Fall and I love the sensation. I know there will be a few more hot days but, the weather is definitely turning.

Just a small thing but, it made me happy during these hard times my entire country is going through. I think, if we forget finding small joys in life, it will become unbearable.

I keep listening to dance songs all day and feel pretty uplifted.

8 comments:

  1. Great idea to create your own coffee flavoring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That coffee sounds delicious! And I think I might give intermittent fasting a go now my son has more or less moved out. I find it easier when I am occupied so I might wait until September when I have activities in the morning, but I do believe it works - well you are proof yourself aren't you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe it works. For now anyway. I stepped on the scale and happily saw that I was finally able to lose the two pounds fighting me for a while. Yay!

      Delete
  3. Your coffee sounds good! I am so ready for cooler weather. Finally supposed to have some tomorrow, when it drops over 20 degrees in temperature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite season is Fall. So looking forward to it. Hope your DH is better today.

      Delete
  4. That sounds very nice. How much of each spice do you put in your pumpkin spice mix?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susie, I used a Tablespoonful of cinnamon. I then added 1/2 teaspoon of ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Depending on what you like best, you can play with the amounts.

      Delete