About Me

Tuesday, August 24, 2021

What was I thinking?

Yesterday, I went to an open fresh produce market. On a whim I bought 11 pounds of white beans in shells. I came home and once I started shelling, I realized that this is way too much for just one person. Once shelled, since the beans are fresh, they need to be frozen quickly because I cannot really dry them here in Istanbul due to humidity. So, sending some of it to my sister or uncle is out of the question. I am planning to visit a friend this afternoon. I guess, I will gift half of it to her. 

I also bought some big okra. I am going to make them as Anne over at Cooking and All That Jazz, suggested.

I bought some San Marzano type tomatoes to dry in the oven. Again, due to the humidity here, I cannot sundry them. I will try a batch and if they turn out fine, I will dry the rest of them. If not, first to the food processor, then into zippie bags and then into the freezer they will go.

Tomorrow will be a busy day. 


2 comments:

  1. Open air markets have a way of sucking us in to buying so much more than we really need don't they! All that colour and the wonderful smells I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! Especially nowadays, there are an abundance of fruits and veggies.

      Delete