About Me

Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Check-Up Day

What a long day it's been but, it is over. Yay!

Heart? Check

Lungs? Check

Ob-Gyn: Pap test requires time. Got one largish Myoma. No big deal unless it bothers me, which it doesn't. (I loved the doctor. She was so gentle and understanding. I will be going to her from now on.)

Mammogram, Ultrasounds, Blood Tests and Other tests: Fine except for the fact that my thyroid medicine needs to be adjusted and I am insulin resistant so, I need a med for that. Granted that I am obese, this is no surprise.

So far so good. I hope, the pap test will be fine too.

Well, at the end of the day I am glad I had this check-up. Now I know that the slight palpitations I have from time to time are not due to a heart problem and they will be gone when my thyroid med is adjusted. I also know, I can push myself a little more on the treadmill. 

Part of the reason why I postponed my health checks was COVID but, then I was also avoiding... bad news? I do not know. It is odd because, I am generally logical. Human mind is extremely complicated or weird?


10 comments:

  1. isn't our mind a strange thing? I'm glad you got it all checked out. It is always a relief to get it done and good reports.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is. Glad your DH is now home and recovering.

      Delete
  2. What great news from a checkup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a relief! I am so happy for you. You have inspired me to try to do the same. I have been avoiding doing my check up for a while now, afraid of bad news. This fear is totally illogical( I am a math professor at the university ). Things got worse since my husband was diagnosed with stomach stage 4 cancer 7 years ago. Stomach removed and still on chemo.
    Right now, ( because of covid excuse) I only do on line consultations just to get my
    meds refilled. have neglected to do my mammogram, colonoscopy, and other test for years now. Take care and have a big hug from me.




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, please go get checked. Sorry for your husband's condition. It must be hard. And a HUG from me to you :)

      Delete
  4. So pleased you got a clean bill of health. I absolutely understand your reticence about tests. I am overdue my blood tests relating to my underactive thyroid gland and have been putting it off for reasons I don't even understand myself. I have a theory that Covid has made us a bit weird about health issues.

    Heloise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to go to the cardiologist every year because I took mom. After she passed, I became depressed and COVID became an issue so, I just let everything go. May be it is time for you to get those thyroid tests too.

      Delete
  5. Crikey, you are now offiially a finely-tuned Formula One racing machine. Great news!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Formula One? I doubt it. More like Monster Truck show. Lol!

      Delete