About Me

Thursday, August 15, 2019

Fall is in the air!

It is mid-August and the Fall is in the air. It is still warm but, I can feel the weather turning which also means I am so much closer to my big vacation. Today is a cloudy day with a nice breeze.

Today I processed the tomatoes I have bought to freeze for winter. I wash them, cut them up, run them through the food processor and put three ladels full in one freezer bag. I flatten them all up and freeze them. I had bought close to 8 kgs but I think, we ate 2 to 3 kgs of it since last Saturday. I do not have much space in the freezer so, this much will have to do. I use tomato puree and paste too but like to use the real thing better. I will not be home from end of October till early January so, I am sure this will be enough. If we can free up some more space, I may freeze some more later on.

I need to look through my pantry and share some of the stuff with mom. There is more than I can consume.

When we go to Ankara, I am going to look at her home and go for a big grocery shopping. I will also cook some stuff and stock her freezer. When she is alone, she doesn't want to cook and doesn't eat much. I am sure my uncle will stay with her at least for a while, when I am away. When he is around, I know he will cook a variety of food so, that's good. He can also take her shopping for fresh produce since my 2010 Nissan is in the garage of mom's apartment for their use. Mom never drove and I know, that is something she regrets.




4 comments:

  1. Summer goes so fast! I do love the fall though. I don't know what I'd do if I couldn't drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After my dad passed, I told her it would be best if she would get a driver's license. She was only 51 but she thought she was too old for that. Now she says, she regrets it.

      Delete
  2. There is nothing like fresh tomatoes in soup or whatever in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda! How are you? Been thinking about you all day.

      Delete