About Me

Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Gotta tell this!

I have mentioned in my earlier post that, mom had an appendectomy.

Sunday morning I woke up at 9 a.m. and until 10 p.m. the next night, I could not sleep at all. The first night at the hospital, she had too much pain and she could not find a comfortable position to sleep. In 7 hours I took 1020 steps between her bed and the recliner at the foot of her bed! At my weight, getting up and down several times during that time was terrible. My leg muscles and my back still hurts.

At 10 p.m. I finally could not bear it any longer and made sure she was comfortable, then fell into a very very deep sleep on the recliner. Mom needed to get up and she called me some time after midnight and I did not hear her! I am so embarassed! Since we could not find a single room at the hospital due to some renovation, we had to share a room with another sick lady and her niece. The niece heard my mom and instead of waking me up, she went to help her. Such a nice person! She was quiet the chatterbox and entertained us with all her interesting stories. We exchanged cards and promised to see each other. They do not live too far away from us.

Anyway, I got up at 5 a.m. and heard the story. I am thankful they let me sleep but, I was also very embarassed.

She was discharged by noon time and as soon as we got home, we both wanted to nap and nap we did! It was dinner time, when I finally woke up and found my mom making soup. She said, she realized how tired I was and did not mind throwing together a simple tomato soup (from scratch). She is the one who had the procedure and I was the one who could not get over it.

To be honest, I started feeling better only today.


4 comments:

  1. Sometimes worry makes us very tired...that likely was it. So nice of that lady to let you rest and help out your Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too. It was more mental than physical. She was a really nice person. I am so thankful.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your mom is recovering quickly. Sounds like you need some rest too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have been making up for lost sleep :)

      Delete