About Me

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Housework is never done!

What a vicious circle housework is! Don't you think?

I thought I was done with laundry but mom reminded me that we needed to change the sheets on our beds! More laundry...

Then, I decided to process the meat I bought yesterday. Shanks went into the pressure cooker. I sauteed  a small part of the chopped meat for our taco dinner and the rest became meat patties to be frozen. Took me about an hour to do all that with the help of mom. I also had to hand wash quiet a bit of dishes because the machine was already full and working.

I also dusted our bedrooms and mom vacuumed them. I am allergic to house dust and since we weren't at home for almost a month and a half, the cleaning lady could not come. I wrote to her today that we were back and she said can come not this coming Sunday but, next Sunday. So, more dusting and vacuuming tomorrow. The bathroom needs to be cleaned as well. Ugh!

Have I ever told anyone that I hate housework? Give me all the chores outside the home and I will gladly take care of them. Housework? No thanks!

I like to cook but, do not like to clean up the kitchen. I do it beacuse I have to.

Mom is very neat and tidy. She cannot stand clutter or seeing things out of place. So, when she is home with me, I have to be as neat. I am not messy but, I may leave things around. I like clean but can stand some disarray.

Anyway, from today on, no cooking for us. We will only make a salad and pull the stuff from the freezer to go with it. Makes it so much easier.

I will go back to my exercise routine on Friday, I promised myself. I have not been bad but, I really haven't been watching what I ate lately. Ate more fruit than I should so, I gotta stop that.

The consulting company paid for my days and reimbursed my expenses. Nice!

Next week is a religious holiday here but, I do not practice any religion. I do contribute to charity on a regular basis though. I am not doing this because I am afraid that I will go to hell after I die. I just want to be a decent human being who helps others within her means. I do believe that there is a creator and that's it. As long as people do not hurt each other, suppress others or start wars, I do not care what they believe.

5 comments:

  1. I can't say I like cleaning either but like a clean house. I really do need to do some food prep and have some meals in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't mind housecleaning. Be glad you are able to do it still. It is too bad world leaders, namely ours, do not subscribe to your beliefs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you are rght about being able to do it. I think world is currently being run by really weird people these days including ours too.

      Delete
  3. I can find umpteen excuses not to clean, but once I motivate myself and get it done, it really does make a huge difference. I think I just hate the repetition of it - it's one of those things that always needs doing. I'd like to do it once and be done with it for good! Ha ha!

    I agree with your philosophy - live and let live. And weird people is right - where have they all come from?! xx

    ReplyDelete