About Me

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Plans and Lists? Haha! Life may have other plans

You know how I like making plans and budgets and being organized right? And how I made a list of things to be done?

Well, thankfully what happened was not something to derail all (for the moment anyway) but, Sunday morning mom woke me up and said "I am not well T'Pol. I think it is my appendix" Later on she joked about how I got up so fast, saying that she never saw me like that before.

I took her to the ER and they ran some tests and could not confirme the appendix but, they admitted us so that further tests could be run and a general surgeon could check it out.

To make a long story short, we both had a terrible night on Sunday and on Monday morning, they took her appendix out.  Mom's surgeon said the appendix was not about to burst or anything so, she decided to look at other internal organs to see what caused mom's pain. Last night we slept better but mom was not very comfortable due to the IV, urinary catheter and the compression socks. She wanted to move and be out of the place a.s.a.p. Today they discharged her.

As soon as we got home, we both fell asleep and rested quiet a bit.

Life is an adventure... I am glad mom is already doing better.

6 comments:

  1. So glad your Mom is ok - and that you were there with her during all of it. Thank goodness it didn't happen while you were away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your mom is doing better, and I hope she heals quickly. Things like that are very stressful.

    My mom recently fell and could not get up. She lives alone, but luckily my sister and nephew were visiting from out of town and staying with her. They had to call the ambulance to get her up. She broke her wrist, but is doing quite well. I have been going over there regularly to do some chores, bring her food, and help her shower. She has a good attitude about it all, which I am thankful for.
    - Tina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish your mom a quick recovery. Good thing that your sister and her son were visiting at the time.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad your mom is on the mend. It's good she was with you. Life really is an adventure.

    ReplyDelete