About Me

Friday, August 9, 2019

Interesting Offer

Today an old colleague of mine called. At my last job, she reported to me for a while and left a few months after I did. She is now working for a competitor.

She basically told me she needed support at her new company. There are certain things I used to do at the former company and she says she needs those things adressed at her new company. I told her that I am not willing to work full-time. She says we can work it out so that, I could help them on my own terms sort of like a consultant working mostly from home and attending a few meetings every once in a while.

To be honest, I do not see what I can contribute but, I guess we need to talk further to see what we can come up with. I also told her that I would be gone for a long time for vacation. She thinks that could be managed.

I do not know what to think, at this point. This can be financially nice but it has a potential to be stressful. I must clear my head and talk some more to my friend.

Interesting, huh?




10 comments:

  1. It's always nice to be asked, I guess you can make a decision once you've asked all the right questions. If you take it and it doesn't work out you can still quit - but as you are officially retired other than the odd consult job you may not want to lose your freedom at this point. Big decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can listen. It seems you might get this job on your own terms. You can always say no if it does not sound good for you. And, you can quit. It cannot hurt to hear her out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Think about it and do what feels right for you. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds interesting and at least worth a listen. If it's something you might want to do, maybe put a time limit on how long you will do it for and then it can be up for a revisit if you would want to continue longer term with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of questions in my mind. Definitely something I want to learn more about.

      Delete
  5. Oh, interesting. Definitely needs a conversation and some questions. Perhaps give it some though while you're on holiday? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She says she needs to start a.s.a.p. I've got too many questions.

      Delete