About Me

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Pace of life is picking up

It was a very relaxing, almost lazy summer. As we approach the end of it, there are chores I must be taking care of before I take off on my big vacation.

I started by getting my car serviced. It did not cost very much. The guy who explained what was done told me that my brake pads did not need to be changed. He was surprised. Who needs brake pads be changed at 30,000 Km? Never heard of it. It usually takes 70-100,000 Km for me.

I also took my mom and my grandparents' Moldovan caretaker out to lunch at a nice restaurant right on the water. She is a very nice lady. She took care of my grandparents as if they were her own parents between 1999-2002. My mom and uncle treated her as a sibling and one of the family so, now they are very good friends. She has been taking care of other elderly people in Istanbul since my grandad's passing. Her latest employer just passed after 5 years due to cancer. Now she is going to her own country for a while and will come back in January. So, today's outing was timed just fine.

She is more of a companion than a caretaker and I have ideas for the future.

Anyhow, I have decided to make my list of the major chores that I am facing over here:

  1. Take mom for a haircut. DONE!
  2. Take mom to Ankara August 30th
  3. Take the car in for service and inspection September 2nd
  4. Pay the last of the debt taken over September 2nd (WOOOHOOO!)
  5. Get the car Inspected September 3rd
  6. Take an inventory at mom's home and do her shopping
  7. Cook and freeze food for mom
  8. Go to see the eye doctor, get a prescription for new glasses
  9. Take current measurements and sizes of mom, sis, BIL.
  10. Come back home
  11. Purge, purge, purge and donate...
  12. Select a new frame and order new glasses
  13. Take uncle's jacket to be waxed
  14. See the kidney doctor
  15. Shop for gifts for the big vacation
  16. Go back to Ankara for the cardiologist visit for both mom and myself.
  17. Clean out the fridge
  18. Pack suitcases
  19. Get my home cleaned right before the big vacation
  20. Leave enough cash in accounts for automated payments.
  21. Get USD in cash in small denominations.
  22. Get 3 months worth of regular meds plus others that I might need.
I also need to get together with a few friends. I am sure, there are tons of other things I have forgotten to list. I will keep on adding items as I remember them.

2 comments:

  1. You're very organized. There are always so many things to remember before traveling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lists are great to help accomplish things. I've been making some for the past few weeks - amazing things can happen! You're very organised, so I think you'll be able to have a great holiday. PS - love the new page theme! xx

    ReplyDelete