About Me

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Busy Day

I had 4 interviews scheduled for today. I am glad they are over. It is a windy and chilly day with gray skies today. The kind of day you need to be under wraps with some hot chocolate and a good book and a nap later on. I did nap before my 4th interview because I had very little sleep last night. No hot chocolate though...

Yesterday I tried a Southern dish: Chicken and dumplings. I found the recipe online but, I did not like the dumplings when I made it. Need a better recipe. Any recommendations?

My sister and BIL are doing fine thankfully. However, tomorrow they are heading to a resort hotel for a two-day conference. Their bank does this annually but, they did not have the conference last year due to COVID. I just do not understand what changed. I think it is reckless to gather hundreds of managers from different cities just for a stupid conference.

SIS and BIL will be wearing N95 masks under regular surgical masks. Still, I am worried.

My BFF's sister is hospitalized due to Influenza H, a form of bacterial menengitis. I am very friendly with her too. Hope, she recovers and gets back home soon. My BFF and I have been wondering how she could have contracted it with all COVID precautions such as masks, sanitizers etc. She went in for her annual health check and got a flu shot before this. 

Gotta go and prepare dinner now. Have a good one!

10 comments:

  1. I have made chicken and dumplings before and just used the Bisquick brand mix to make the dumplings and have always liked them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is not sold in this country unfortunately. I must make them from scratch like Southern Grannies. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure my grandma always made from scratch too :)

      Delete
    2. Lol! These days I remember my grandmas a lot. May all our grands rest in Peace.

      Delete
  3. My mom was an old Southern cook who either made her dumplings from scratch or used the whack "tubed" biscuit dough, rolling them into small balls and boiling them in the broth and chicken.
    These days I like to make the dumplings this way........
    https://www.splendidtable.org/story/2018/10/04/chicken-and-pastry
    I think it's even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sluggy! I will make this next time.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I wonder about that too because the pandemic is not over. At work, we had in person meeting but I didn’t go. I am so nervous because Last Friday I received an email from one of my student telling me that she tested positive for covid. Sorry, but I never made the southern chicken and dumplings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your student does not get very sick Farah. Some say younger people in good health usually do not need to get hospitalized. I hope you weren't in close contact with her. Stay safe!

      Delete
  5. I do hope your friend's sister is ok. From the little I understand about bacterial meningitis I believe it is fairly easy to treat IF it's caught early, so I guess it's a good thing she went for that medical exam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is better but still has double vision. The doctors are thinking it might be an isolated event such as a small blood cloth. I think they are going to give her the MRI with the dye.

      Delete