About Me

Friday, November 12, 2021

Glorious Fall Day

Today I woke up late to no water and electricity as expected. I quickly cleaned myself without a shower. Lol! Went across the bridge to the European side and met my friends at this beautiful, huge park. We walked a total of 13K steps but, it was nice and leisurely. There is a nice cafe so,we grabbed some lunch and sat in the sun outside. Normally our group consists of 5 people but, this time it was just three of us.

I am glad we got together. I left them a little before 5 p.m. and got stuck in traffic. Sigh... It took me an hour and a half to get back home. Decided to quickly run into the grocery store and get veggies and sandwich fixings. 

I was famished when I got home so, I made myself a nice sandwich and my belly is happy now.

It looks like the electricity was not out for long. I checked the cup in the freezer and the coin is still on top of the frozen water. 

Hope, everyone has a nice weekend!



6 comments:

  1. It tickles me when you mention "the European side" - how fun - but well done you on the walking! And any news on your sister?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I actually mention that for you, my dear readers. We just call it going "across". Everybody understands which side depending on the place of your residence. Haha! My sister is fine so far. Hopin, she stays that way.

      Delete
  2. Fingers double crossed your sister remains healthy!
    I use the nickel on top of ice in my freezer. Glad you mentioned it because we will be out of town for 10 days and I get to get my pill bottle frozen for the nickel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne! Enjoy your time away from home!

      Delete
  3. well, that's a smart idea with the coin and water!! The hour and a half home sounds frustrating, but the park sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That used to be my commute each way for a while. Finally, I ended up renting a studio closer to work.

      Delete