About Me

Thursday, November 11, 2021

Electricity and water out on the same day?

I saw the sign for upcoming repairs on water pipes at our apartment complex for tomorrow about a week ago and made a mental note to fill a few buckets for flushing the toilet and a couple of big bottles to wash my hands. 

The day before yesterday, the electricity company sent an SMS for some planned maintenance for tomorrow for about 5 hours! What!!!??? 

I am sure the maintenance crew needs electricity for the pipe repairs so, I do not know what kind of a day tomorrow will be. Most probably the pipes will have to wait another day or two. I have already filled  buckets and bottles but, my plan is to escape from home. I will be meeting up with friends to go on a long walk and spend the day outdoors. It is chilly but, I am sure, by layering up, I can be comfortable.

I am hoping that the freezer will be OK and the electricity will be available earlier than scheduled.

Today, I had one load of laundry to be taken care of so, while I had water, I started that and just heard the washer chime telling me it's done. Time to go and hang them up on the drying rack. 

Tonight's dinner will be leftover homemade hummus from the day before. It will be dinner with some crackers and tea. Lunch was a salad with smoked salmon and capers. 

My BFF in the US is a teacher. This year she is totally fed up with misbehaving kids and ignorant parents and is seriously considering to retire making this school year her last. She already has her plate full at home so, I cannot blame her. After I hang up the laundry, I will call her so that, we can watch another episode of Spooks. 

Hope, everyone is having a good day!


6 comments:

  1. I hate you will be without both water and power. I understand the need to turn them off occasionally but both at the same time sounds a little harsh.
    Bundle up and have a great day out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea to just get out of the home during that. When we anticipate power out (our well runs on an electric pump) we fill up our bathtub so there is water to flush toilets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I re-did the bathroom, I got rid of the tub. Mom was having trouble getting in. Got only a walk-in shower stall. Water outages are almost always planned and very rare but, annoying nonetheless.

      Delete
  3. We have a power outage scheduled for Monday or Tuesday next week. We had two unexpected ones in October, I was quite annoyed - there is no sorry, and we are not reimbursed! I hope your day out tomorrow is fun. My aunt who is a nurse in the US, is retiring this year - Covid was too overwhelming for her. She is in her early 60s, and has a few grandkids to keep her busy. But I hope there is more fun to her life than babysitting 24/7 haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Power outages happen sometimes but never more than 30 minutes. This one is a planned maintenance and they sent the consumers an advance warning. Good luck and happy retirement for your aunt!

      Delete