About Me

Friday, November 5, 2021

On Sphagetti Squash

I baked the sphagetti squash yesterday. I cut it up lengthwise and brushed olive oil before sticking it into the oven. When it was done, I used two forks to scoop up the "sphagetti". I left it in the skin and added pasta sauce from the freezer and some shredded cheese on top. Back to the oven till the cheese browned. I enjoyed it and it turned out really yummy. I think, while they still have them, I will grab a couple more. I am planning to make a veggie soup so, the remaining half will go into that. 

Yesterday I picked up extra boxes of Barilla pasta on sale, although I do not eat much pasta these days, I am sure on some cold days I will want some. 

I also found really soft persimmons and bought some. They are too sweet and possibly high in calories but, they are my splurge for the week. At their peak, they are extremely soft and do not transport well. Luckily, they are grown in areas around in Istanbul as well as other parts in the country.

I have been feeling and acting very lazy lately. Gotta get back to an active lifestyle. 

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!



4 comments:

  1. Hi Tpol still love reading your blog. I commented on the last one but again it didn’t go go through. I was just telling how grateful I was that my mother was taken care of by my sister in law for the last 3 years of her life. We, in North Africa don’t have decent elders homes like in the west and it’s not very well accepted by the society. Big hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farah! I do not know what is wrong with the comments. Good to hear from you. As for elder homes, it is similar here as well.

      Delete
  2. Your spaghetti squash recipe sounds rather good. Might give that a try. Thanks for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Honestly, I didn't think it would be so good. I am pleasantly surprised. Pasta sauce and cheese make everything taste good.

      Delete