About Me

Monday, November 29, 2021

Why? Why? Why?

I came to Ankara yesterday to deal with the piece of property which I have mentioned in a previous post.

Due to COVID, now all applications are online which is a great opportunity..... Well.... Only, if the system works. The application was delayed until 5:30 p.m. which means, we cannot go to Konya and handle the in person part of the process which is signing paperwork, tomorrow.

One day delay no problem, right? I am not upset about that. Not muchanyway but,..........

Bigger problem is that, when I arrived yesterday, I turned on the heater and it started leaking. SIS and BIL called a service provider to fix it but, apparently they have called an unauthorized company, or rather a scammer. So, a fast "service" and a bunch of money later, the thing is still leaking. I only realized that the guys were scammers after they left.  Sİnce the heater kept leaking, I got suspicious and remembered that I did not see the logo of the product on their work gear and decided to check the authorized service providers and voila! I should have been smarter about this but, 5 hours of driving on 4 hours of sleep does that to you.

So, I called an authorized service provider today. They came, looked at the heater and told me it would be expensive to fix it. I relayed the information to SIS and BIL. They decided to purchase a new heater. Fine... But, that also means, I cannot leave Ankara when I am done with my own thing. The present heater is leaking and until a new heater is installed, there is no way for me to go. Thinking that I would be here only biriefly, I haven't brought much stuff. Looks like I have several light loads of laundry ahead of me.

Now, my SIS and BIL were here three weeks in September. and then they were here couple of weeks ago. Uncle was here for about 10 days or so recently. So, why does the darn heater decide to kick the bucket when I am here? Couldn't he (it must be a man) break down while others were here? Arrrgh!

I am glad, I brought the food items that could spoil. At least, when I go back home, I will not have to deal with rotten vegetables and moded cheese.

Hope, you are having a better day...


4 comments:

  1. that's a bummer about the heater. It always seems to happen that way, doesn't it. I hope it all resolves for you quickly and you can get back home soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the good wishes. I need them. In a few hours, a company will come and give me an estimate. I called the same company we used when buying mom's heater 3-4 years ago.

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that would be a real pain in the arse (and yet there's never a good time for it to happen is there). I hope you can get it fixed quickly though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you. We'll see how long this will take in a few hours. They will come and give me an estimate.

      Delete