About Me

Saturday, November 6, 2021

Saturday

Spoke to my SIS today. My uncle told them that he did not think her FIL was doing well. It has been a while since he saw the FIL and he can notice the difference better. He told my SIS and BIL to take him to a cardiologist. They did today. Apparently his heart is beating too slowly. The doctor is taking him off one of his medications gradually. They also told her about the Alzheimer's and the drug they are now giving him. I guess that was interfering with one of his heart medications. I am glad his heart was checked out because, I am sure he did not go to his cardiologist since March 2019. Mom and I used to drag him along with us so, he had to go every six months. That was the last time we all went together. After mom's passing, I did not go to any doctor due to COVID till I had a check-up in Istanbul this year and now, I have a doctor here.

I told my SIS to get one of those small pulse-ox devices so that, the caregiver can check his pulse every day.

I did a load of laundry today. It never ends, does it? I find myself loading and unloading the diswasher and doing laundry constantly. When I was working, the diswasher would only be used may be once a week. All those dinners out and take-outs did not do a favor to my body but, it sure was easier.

Tonight I am going to fix myself a smoked salmon and avocado toast or roll because I have a giant avocado that I must consume. Half of it will be saved for tomorrow. May be a burrito or on top of a rice and bean bowl? 

I had a vegetable soup with a small slice of whole wheat bread for lunch. 

The weather was very nice today but, it has turned now. The wind brought many clouds and we now have a gray sky.  

When my uncle was here, he ordered a new backpack online. It was big and sturdy and the price was excellent so, I decided to order one for myself in a different color. I found the same exact bag with a 10% higher price at the same online platform. Then I looked up a few other places and guess what? I found it 15% cheaper than even what my uncle paid for it. What the....? I checked the seller and it turned out to be the same exact seller. So, I ordered it and it arrived today. It is the same bag. So, this seller is pricing his products differently at different platforms? I guess it is because of the commission he has to pay is different. But, increasing the price by 10% in a week? That doesn't sound right.

I am happy with my purchase. My old PUMA backpack is about to kick the bucket. It is also not as big as this one I just got. I love my old backpack and will keep on using that for lighter duties. 

Gotta go and fold some laundry and put away. Hope, everyone is having a great weekend.


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful that your uncle was able to spot the need for a doctor's visit and it happened. With my Mom I found her doctor didn't really think about drug interactions unless specifically asked. I hear you on the dishwasher and laundry. Endless as is cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My uncle used to be a Pharmacist. I guess that is part of the reason he felt something was off with my sister's FIL.

      Delete
  2. I laugh at the laundry comment, because I can so relate. SO relate. With the kids playing sports, and M & I working out daily, there is truly an incredible amount of laundry. It's such an ongoing chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot even imagine the amount of laundry at your house. May the Power be with you! lol...

      Delete