About Me

Friday, February 18, 2022

Back @Home!

I am back home and it feels perfect!

On Wednesday, I was with my old time friends from my childhood and when I mentioned that I would be coming home today, one of them asked me if she could ride with me. She intended to visit her son going to Medical School in Istanbul. I gladly said yes and we made arrangements to leave around 10:30 a.m. today, stopping at the elderly couple who were my parents' friends, to help the lady with her shopping as usual.

As I was almost leaving to pick her up today, she called me and told me that she would not be able to make it because, her father's caregiver was not feeling well. 

So, I went to visit Aunt C and Uncle O by myself. I took Aunt C shopping and then I fixed her phone. Somehow, she lost all her contact list, whatsapp and facebook apps. 

While I was at Aunt C's, the superintendent rang the door bell saying that the next door neighbor was not responding to neither her kids' calls nor the door bell. He had a set of keys to her apartment but, he was scared to go in by himself. He opened the door and I walked in to a very neat and tidy but empty home. The cell phone was charging and there was no sign of the old lady. Before I left for the road, Aunt C wanted to ring her door bell again and I did. A very sweet 84 year old lady answered the door saying that she had gone to the hairdresser's to get a cut and color. Apparently, she left home in a rush forgetting to take her phone and it was too late when she realized that she left her phone home.

I stopped coloring my hair last year when I was 54 and here is this lively 84 year young woman getting her hair colored in the middle of a pandemic. Shame on me! Lol!

Then I left for Istanbul. There are two mountain passes on my way and it started snowing when I approached the first one and then, it kept snowing all the way to the other. After the second pass, it kept snowing for another 10 minutes or so and then it turned into rain. When I finally came to Istanbul, it was all clear blue skies. It was a pleasant drive with beautiful snowy view.

I rested a bit when I came home, had dinner, emptied and put away my suitcase and now I want to take a long shower followed by drenching myself in moisturizers. Ankara is so darn dry that, my skin feels like sandpaper and it is itchy.

Wishing everyone a very nice and relaxing weekend!

Here is a picture and a video of my trip. The white Ford Escape is my car.





9 comments:

  1. Ha ha, I had to laugh at the little 84 year old lady getting everyone worked up when she'd actually been at the hairdresser's. I can only hope we are all that lively at 84!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it home safe and sound. That is cute about the 84 yr old little lady. I'm with the superintendent, I'd be scared to go inside and look, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Poor man was murmuring a prayer as he followed me inside.

      Delete
  3. Glad you made it home safely. I dislike traveling in the snow or rain. What a cute story about the 84 lady! Don’t we all wish to be like that lady at that age?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not like that lady even now. Lol! Such love of life!

      Delete
  4. My kids worry about me if I don’t answer my phone in short order (I’m 68!). My daughter put a tracker on my phone she can monitor so feels better. Role reversal ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kids worry about me if I don’t answer my phone in short order (I’m 68!). My daughter put a tracker on my phone she can monitor so feels better. Role reversal ha!

    ReplyDelete