About Me

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Status Update

The funeral took place on Monday. BIL was wearing two surgical masks and an N95. We were never indoors and it was a windy, bitter cold day with ice on the ground.

I am still at my friend's home but my BIL is tested today and we will know if he is negative in a few hours. If not, I am going back home tomorrow. If he is, I will move to our apartment. SIS is also still at her friends'. 

I found my friend quiet depressed. She has digestive problems and feeling miserable.  She also has some family problems.Tried lifting her spirits up but, she is is not there at all. They have a trip coming up late February as a family. I am hoping that it will help her. Yesterday, I managed to take her out a bit and we had coffee. Today, I want to meet up with my sister and I offered her to come with us. They know each other well and my SIS is the kind of person who can cheer anyone up instantly if she wants to. Yet, my friend declined the offer today. May be she needs time for herself.

BIL is actually relieved that his mom suffers no longer. Let's hope he is recovered fully.



4 comments:

  1. I hope your BIL tests negative but he may not, it takes some longer than others BUT after an interval he is no longer contagious. Sometimes it takes a while to do so! I hope your friend is helped by your visit, if not I hope she does feel up to it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed for a negative test for your BIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your BIL is able to see that his mom is no longer suffering. Still, mom is/will always be mom won't she. And I'm sorry for your friend going through a rough patch. This bloody pandemic hasn't helped anybody's mental health has it! I hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad your BIL is finding some peace with the passing of his mother. That's too bad about your friend.

    ReplyDelete