About Me

Saturday, February 26, 2022

Feel Good Friday

This post was meant for yesterday but, I wasn't able to finish.

I completed my balcony project and got rid of some stuff. Who needs two dust pans in a small apartment? I also fished out tons of bubble wrap. I am sure mom had saved them. They were neatly packed together. I will use most of that to pack and put away my picture frames, knick knacks on display. Thanks Mom!

I need to miss those things and want a fresher and less cluttered look for a while.

I feel lighter today. This cleaning and purging has a positive effect on my mood so, I will keep going with other parts of my home.

I have tons of CDs and a CD player that I do not use anymore. I do not know what to do with them. Spotify changed everything. Didn't it? I want to give them to someone who can actually use it. May be I should post them on FB Marketplace for a small amount of money and depending on who wants them, I may gift them for free. Like a college student may be? Any ideas dear blogosphere friends?

Today after I tidy up and deal with putting the laundry away, I will bake a carrot cake for the first time in my life. I have lots of carrots and walnuts on hand that I must use up soon. Need to go hunt for a simple yet highly praised recipe online. 

Hope, everyone is having a good weekend!


12 comments:

  1. I agree with Facebook marketplace! Someone else may enjoy them. I am glad you're feeling motivated to clean here and there - and you have a nice cake to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I have the motivation, I keep at it :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have a lot of momentum for your apartment clean up and decluttering! Carrot cake is so yummy as are muffins.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still need to get muffin tins. I have thrown the old ones.

      Delete
  3. Here's my favorite carrot cake recipe.......
    https://www.bobsredmill.com/recipes/how-to-make/carrot-cake/

    I also add raisins too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! Thank you so much Sluggy! I will try this next time. I found a recipe on Allrecipes and I used that. The cake just came out of the oven but, I haven't tasted it yet.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to say that I never frost/ice my carrot cake. It's sweet enough with all the fruit and sugar in the cake. ;-)

      Delete
    3. I agree. I have always found the frosting way too sugary.

      Delete
  4. Great for you. Stay motivated. I have been cleaning Like crazy since yesterday. It does make you feel better when you finally do it. My daughter is visiting tomorrow for lunch on her way home ( DC area) from a ski trip to upstate NY. I will probably make an apple tart with puff pastry( store bought). Carrot cake is SIL favorite cake but I am not sure he’ll appreciate a homemade one as he grew up eating store bought carrot cake as his mom never baked. Take care,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had replied to your comment but, it looks like somehow it got lost. My favorite dessert is cherry pie.

      Delete
  5. Decluttering and cleaning is a real mood-changer isn't it! As for the CD player and CDs, you might want to try giving them away on Freecycle or FB Marketplace (maybe an older person would like them - someone who doesn't use Spotify). Re the CDs and stuff my ex left behind, I started putting them in the book exchange at my local supermarket and oddly enough, even though they are in English, they disappear every time! Good luck - I hate to throw things away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a nursing home close by and I will ask them if they would like the little stereo and the CDs.

      Delete