About Me

Saturday, February 19, 2022

Got the Energy

You know I always share that I am pretty lazy around the apartment but, lately I do have a burst of energy and while I have that, I am attacking various parts of the apartment and putting things in order and keep purging.

Putting on some music does help me get going as I clean and put away things. 

Today, I;

- Emptied and cleaned my purse and started using a different one

- Did a quick grocery run to get yogurt and veggies (I intended to go to the nearest open market but alas! It is declared a new construction site. )

- Re-filled two weeks worth of pill boxes

- Put away my clean and folded clothes that I had washed in Ankara

- Installed the printer software properly on my computer

- Put away all the paperwork related with Client B who decided to stop the hiring process. (I am so glad! I wanted to drop them before they wanted to drop us. The candidates they liked refused their offer which was below average salaries prevailing in the market. They started with unrealistic expectations and we had told them that. Oh well... My friend sent them an invoice for our effort as mentioned in the contract but, I do not think they will pay. Honestly, I do not care. If they pay, that will be a surprise).

- Found and tossed more old receipts, invoices, notes and etc.

- Cleared my dinner table. Now it looks like a proper dinner table. 

- Cleaned my kitchen. (Since I was in a rush to get to Ankara, I had left the kitchen in disarray. I put things in order there. Unfortunately, I ended up tossing away a whole head of iceberg lettuce and about a generous serving of veggie soup).

I think, I felt the Spring in the air today and although March can be real cold, I know nice, warm days are just around the corner.

Tonight, I am grilling a slice of salmon for dinner. Steamed broccoli will accompany that. I mix lemon juice, olive oil, minced garlic and salt to make a light sauce to go on the broccoli. May be I will open a bottle of wine too.

I bought a package of Brussel Sprouts enough for about three servings. I see simple meals served with veggies and salads this week.

I am so proud of myself today. It is time to do some laundry and chill the rest of the day. Hope everyone is having a nice, relaxing and/or productive weekend.


10 comments:

  1. You did get a lot done! It always feels good to finally get some procrastinated stuff taken care of.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The funny thing is, after I complete what I had to do, I ask myself why I had postponed the task for so long. Lol!

      Delete
  2. Look at you!! Maybe I will do some clothes folding and cleaning today...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it wonderful when that burst of energy hits - spring is obviously in the air!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the queen of procrastination, but from time to time I get a burst of energie to do a big cleaning. Before the pandemic, I used to throw parties for friends just so I get motivated to do a big cleaning of the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! After the company leaves, you need to do more tidying up though.

      Delete
  5. Well done! I need a burst of energy tomorrow. I was a slacker all weekend.

    ReplyDelete